By Reuben Zaback - Last Updated: Contact Author
The easiest way to batch convert videos in one click, See the most recommended solution
Why You Need Batch Convert Video with VLC?
Your videos shot by GoPro, iPhone, DJI or downloaded from YouTube, Facebook, etc. may not come with the same formats. As a result, you can only play specific videos on some given end-play devices. To take AVI videos as an example, you cannot play them on your iPhone or MacBook as AVI is not supported by iOS devices. If you really need to view all the AVI files on your iPhone, you have to convert it to MP4 format. Sounds a difficult process? Totally not! Keep reading we will show you how to batch convert videos using VLC and the best video converter in minutes.
As one of the most popular media players nowadays, VLC is not only a great software for playing videos but also a powerful tool which can fulfill your basic and minimal need for video conversion, for example, you can convert one or more videos between different formats. Better yet, it is an open-source editor that means the conversion process will not cost you any penny. Therefore, this article will focus on how to batch convert video using VLC.
How to Batch Convert Videos Using VLC Media Player? [7 Steps]
The below tutorial will teach you how to convert multiple videos with VLC player simultaneously:
Step 1: Download and Install VLC Player
- Download the newest VLC player from the official website: videolan.org.
- Choose the version that matches your operating system.
- You are advised to change the default Disk C to other Disks as your destination folder to save space.
- Click Continue on the pop-up window which asks to approve VLC's policy.
Step 2: Go to the Convert/Save tab
- Launch the VLC player.
- Click the Media button in the popping-up interface.
- Roll down to find the Convert/Save tab, and click it.
Step 3: Batch Add Your Video to VLC
- In the new window appearing in the screen, click the File tab and use the Add button to select more than one video to be converted.
- Click the Convert/Save button to finish this step.
Step 4: Set the Output Folder
- To choose a destination folder and give a name for your output file in the Target file box.
Step 5: Output File Format Setting
- Go to the Profile tab, and then click the target output format.
- Although vlc may miss many codecs, it contains the most-often-seen ones.
Step 6: Output Video Parameter Setting
- If you want to do any advanced settings, you can click the tool icon which is under the menu. You can set up the video's video/audio codecs and arrange the video's delicate features such as its bit rate, resolution and frame rate, etc.
Step 7: Start Conversion
- After the setup, tab the Start button to start the conversion and you'll see the progress in the timeline while batch converting.
- When finished, you can find the saved output files in the destination folder you selected in step 4.
Attention: How fast can the conversion completes depends on the length of the selected videos, the number of chosen videos, the settings and the efficiency of your PC.
In most cases, VLC can work for most video formats and codecs, but it doesn't mean it can work in perfection. In fact, VLC player can't replace any professional video converter. A few issues will inevitably come up if the conversion is over the basic. In other words, you may have to face the same problem as the below users encounter if you want to batch convert several videos at a time:
"I am using VLC to transcode video files, in the convert/save menu it lets you select multiple files, but when you click Convert, it just converts the first file in the list. Ideally I would be able to open as many files as I want, and then select a folder for it to output the converted files to. Is there a way to do this that I am missing?" From Matthew in Superuser.com.
How to Use the Best Video Converter to Convert Multiple Videos in One Click? batch convert MP4/ MKV/ MPEG/ MOV/ H.264/ 4K video file to any formats without quality lossEasier & fast Solution
To get rid of such issues, all you need is VideoProc Converter, the powerful converter can simplify the complicated batch-converting process into just a few clicks and works at an amazingly accelerated speed. It supports almost all types of videos including footages shot by SLR, DJI, GoPro, iPhone, iPad, Android devices, movies downloaded from the website, etc. What' more? It even enables you to copy DVDs to a digital format like MP4, MKV, AVI, etc.
VideoProc Converter -Your One Click Solution to Batch Convert Videos
- Losslessly convert to and from large number of formats including: MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, etc.
- Quality enhancer: allow you to fine-tune video parameters like bit rate to optimize the clips' quality.
- Beginner friendly: the straightforward interface enables you do any conversion job in just seconds.
- Support of full GPU acceleration: the conversion speed is 47X faster than real-time play.
Download VideoProc on Windows to Batch Convert Video
Download VideoProc on Mac to Batch Convert Video
How to Batch Convert Videos Using VideoProc Converter in Seconds?
Step 1. Launch VideoProc Converter and click the +Video button to add multiple targeted videos into the program.
Step 2. Click the Video tab and you can select the desired output format for your targeted videos in the list of Target Format
Step 3. Click the Browse button to select a chosen location for the output videos. Click the RUN button to begin converting.
There are a couple of features in VideoProc Converter that makes it a top choice for video converting software: world NO.1 conversion speed, initiative interface, lossless output quality, etc. More perfectly, it comes with a multifunctional toolkit with which you are allowed to cut, merge, add effects, de-shake, correct fisheyes, record games, etc. VideoProc Converter just provides all the tools you need to do any conversion and editing jobs.