When will you need a screen recorder for YouTube? Maybe you'd like to make tutorial videos, product reviews by recording videos from your computer screen to upload to YouTube or start a personal blog, capture live-streaming of your favorite games on YouTube or other YouTube videos, or record your own gameplay videos for later reference or sharing with friends. A handy screen recording tool comes in.
To record screen videos for uploading to YouTube or capture YouTube videos directly from your screen with screen recorder, normally you have three ways to go: Utilize the desktop screen recorder software for Windows or Mac, try free online screen recorders, or use screen recorder apps (for iPhone/iPad/Android). Below we summarize some tips you may consider for choosing a screen recorder for YouTube, and list some representative tools of each category for your reference.
The Best YouTube Screen Recorder Software for PC/Mac
One thing you need to consider when using a desktop screen recorder to record screen video is whether the tool can freely select the recording area, e.g. record the entire computer screen, record a specific window, or record any preferred area of the screen. A top screen recorder for Windows/Mac should better be a video editor and converter which can record, edit and convert the video at one go. It's not ruled out that you want your video be in other formats, or need to edit, cut, crop, or add effects/subtitles/watermark to the video, for instance, to customize the recorded screen video to fulfill YouTube upload settings, or make your YouTube video more special with gorgeous effects, etc. With VideoProc Converter, you can have them all in one go.
What Makes VideoProc Converter a Powerful Screen Recorder:
1. Small file size and high quality: this is essential when recording screencast videos for YouTube, since YouTube and many other sites put limit on the file size of uploaded video, and it could be painful to watch a video with poor quality. Furthermore, it is much tougher to upload, transfer or send large video files.
2. Audio capturing: whether the screen recorder can capture the audio at the same time is another point. This is very important especially when you use microphone to record your voice narration in capturing tutorial, presentation and gameplay videos.
3. Picture-in-Picture capture: aside from the screen recording, sometimes you may want to record picture-in-picture screen videos to capture videos from both screen and webcam. Some screen recorders for YouTube can accomplish this.
4. Low CPU cost: besides, low CPU cost would a bonus point. If running screen recorder software occupies much CPU power which largely affects your computer overall performance, especially when playing games, it would be a headache.
5. No watermark: the best screen recorder for YouTube should record screen video with no default watermark. If you need, you can freely choose to create a personalized one later.
Besides VideoProc Converter, top desktop screen recorders for YouTube in 2020 also include: Bandicam, Ezvid, OBS Studio, Smartpixel, QuickTime, Fraps, Nvidia Shadowplay, CamStudio, TinyTake, Icecream Screen Recorder, Screencast-O-Matic, Camtasia, etc. Choose one that goes along with you and start recording screen with ease.
Free Online Screen Recorders for YouTube
You may also use free online screen recorders to record screen or capture YouTube videos with no download or installation of screen recording software to your computer. Generally these web-based screen recorders provide a "Start Recording" or alike button on its site, and you can just click it to activate the online screen recorder, then adjust the recording mode and recording region and set off the recording.
Need to mention that some of online screen capture software for YouTube may be able to save videos locally while some not. Using free online screen recorders no download relies much on the internet. If the internet connection is not stable, the recording may be not smooth or be suddenly interrupted. Besides, the output formats may be limited and the recording may have a time limit.
Some free online screen recorders include: webcamera.io, ScreenToaster, Screencast-O-Matic, Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder, Webcamera, Toolster Video Recorder, just name a few.
Screen Recorder Apps for iPhone/iPad/Android
Look for the best screen recorder app to record screen on iPhone iPad Android? iOS 11 and above allow users to record iPhone/iPad screen with the built-in Screen Recording feature. But if your iOS devices are not updated to iOS 11 or above, you can use a third-party screen capture app to record games, tutorial videos, YouTube videos on your mobiles' screen. Some of the screen recorder apps also provide tutorials on how to record iOS iPhone/iPad or Android screen.
Screen recorder app for iPhone iPad: Record it!: Screen Recorder, Airshou, Vidyo, BB Recorder, CoolPixel, iRec 2.0, etc. Screen recorder app for Android: DU recorder, Mobizen Screen Recorder, AZ Screen Recorde etc.
Free online screen recorders is easy to use, while top screen recorder apps offers the easiest solutions for you to record screen videos for YouTube or record YouTube live videos on your mobiles like iPhone iPad Android. However, to some extent, desktop screen recording software like VideoProc Converter is superior and more intuitive than the web-based screen recorders and the screen recording apps.