Although not as hot as YouTube, Vimeo is a popular online video sharing websites with over 15 million monthly unique visitors. What they have in common is that there is only a small group of specific videos downloadable. That's why people always cast about for best free video downloader.
To download any Vimeo video in high quality, Vimeo downloader matters most. It can be online Vimeo downloading websites, third-party video downloader software, or plug-ins for web browsers like Chrome and Firefox. And we've found the best ones for you. Read on to get free Vimeo video downloaders.
#1. How to Download Video Video on Windows/Mac
Best as: Free Vimeo video downloader software
Most online video downloader and Chrome Firefox plug-ins can help download videos from Vimeo, however in 1080p maximally, indicating that media resources higher than 1080p, like 1440p and 2160p are blocked by Vimeo. Anyway, you need a better Vimeo downloader to download Vimeo 4K videos, among which VideoProc Converter is the one worth trying.
How to download Vimeo video using VideoProc Converter?
Now let's download VideoProc Converter to your computer and then follow the steps to download vimeo video with ease:
Step 1: Install and run VideoProc Converter to Windows or Mac. Click Downloader icon in the main screen.
Step 2: Click + Add Video and paste the Vimeo video link here. Click Analyse to continue.
Step 3: Hit Download Now button to download Vimeo videos now. You can also set the export format and resolution before downloading Vimeo videos.
- Safe and clean without any spyware.
- The only one on this list that supports Vimeo 4K video downloading.
- Provide a long list of video output profiles in different resolutions, frame rate, file size for you to chose.
- Allows playlist downloading and playlist subscribing.
- You can download subtitle files in different languages at the same time.
- Compared with online services, you need an extra step to download this Vimeo downloader software first.
- Use player software like VLC to play downloaded Vimeo video, so that you can enable external subtitle.
- VideoProc is also a handy tool if you want to personalize the downloaded Vimeo video by cutting, cropping, or merging videos.
#2. How to Download Vimeo Video with Chrome Extension
This is one of the most popular Vimeo video downloader extensions for Chrome, with more than 30 thousand active users. Since there are no too many ads or hidden traps, Vimeo™ Video Downloader is safe and quite intuitive. Be advised that it doesn't work for Firefox. Search Vimeo downloader add-ons for Firefox if you need one.
How to use Vimeo™ Video Downloader?
- Go to Chrome web store and find Vimeo™ Video Downloader.
- Get it installed by: Add to Chrome > Add extension.
- Open any Vimeo video page and you will see the download button besides + Follow.
- Click Download > choose quality > Save.
- Free and user-friendly.
- Allows you to select the output video quality.
- Permits Vimeo video downloading from not only Vimeo website but also any page where the videos are embedded.
- Can't download Vimeo video higher than 1080p, like UHD 1440p and 4K 2160p.
- Vimeo downloader extension for Chrome only.
- Download Vimeo video in MP4 only.
#3. How to Download Vimeo Video with Online Tools
Most people prefer online video downloader websites for the convenience without any program installed on their devices. True, online service saves a lot of troubles and there are a big bunch of them. But which site is trustworthy? Seemingly, they all do the same thing, then which online Vimeo video downloader should you use? Check our analysis below of three online video downloaders for Vimeo.
vimeo-downloader.com is tagged as an online Vimeo to MP4 downloader which is easy to use and allows you convert Vimeo video to MP3 as well. However, there are no output quality to choose from. It download videos from Vimeo only in 1080p at most. Note that the downloaded file won't open using default Windows 10 player. Using VLC would solve the problem.
With couples of websites supported, savevideo.me can help you download videos from not only Vimeo, but also Dailymotion, Facebook, Instagram, etc. However, based on our test, it can't analyze YouTube videos. You will be able to choose output quality, but 4K videos are not downloadable through online Vimeo downloader.
keepdownloading.com is another online Vimeo downloader that can download videos from various streaming websites. Sadly, YouTube is not on the support list either. Mostly, the videos you download from Vimeo through keepdownloadding.com is MP4 AV1 video, while you may get MP4 H.264 files by using others. AV1 should have higher compression ratio, but the results show that VideoProc outputs a smaller file in H.264 than AV1 downloaded by keepdownloading.
If you need a fast and clean way to download Vimeo videos, use web browser extensions. If you don't mind saving UHD 4K videos in only HD or lower quality, online Vimeo downloader could also be handy tools. Suppose instead of the end, you download videos from Vimeo as the start of later editng, converting and re-encoding, VideoProc is the right answer. Free download VideoProc for Windows 10 and macOS to have a try now!
Disclaimer: We do not advocate downloading Vimeo videos for any commercial or illegal use.