Best 3 Video Editing Software for YouTube 2020 [Free & Paid]
It's 2020 and today people around the world are watching YouTube videos more than reading content online. Because it is easy to learn anything while watching it instead of reading the procedure. This trend therefore is being popularised by every human being who is making and sharing videos around the world. If you are looking for a YouTube video editing software, then you come to the right place.
At the beginning, we should figure out what factors matter greatly in YouTube video creating, so that we can pick our best video editing software with a clear standard.
Video Editing Requirements For YouTube
People who create videos for YouTube employ different video editors from beginner to advanced level. The only purpose of using the editing software is to make the video more intuitive, user friendly, productive, and professional. A properly edited YouTube video will have a positive effect on the viewers which increases the overall view figures. Below we are giving some solid video editing requirements for YouTube.
1. Adding Intros and Outros: This feature will add a title screen to the video. The intro screen may have the title info, or it may have your company's logo or animated artwork for a more professional look. Outros are added at the end of the videos.
2. Trim or Crop: These are essential functions, as a video needs to be trimmed down before uploading. Crop is also used for reducing the original video frame to a smaller size.
3. Hiding Info: To prevent privacy leaks one should hide the sensitive info in a video before uploading to YouTube. Basic software fails to provide this feature but advanced ones have it.
4. Background Music: You will need to add custom background music to your YouTube video before uploading. A video editor can help you in this.
5. Annotations: Adding annotations in your tutorial videos are highly useful as they will be helpful to viewers in knowing about what you are actually doing in your video.
6. Watermarks: Today adding watermarks is a must just to prevent any kind of copyright issues.
7. Graphics Editing: This feature requires graphics editing knowledge like 3D or 2D modelling. Software like Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects are very good at it, but beginners will have to invest some time in learning.
Best Video Editing Software For YouTube: The Top 3 [Free & Paid]
It doesn’t matter on which genre you create videos, at some point you'll definitely require a video editing software. A good video editing software can be used for a number of reasons like hiding sensitive info in a video, showing annotations, highlighting something etc. So, let's see our picks for top 3 best video editing software for YouTube.
Part 1: VideoProc
VideoProc is an all-in-one powerful audio and video processor with an entry-level to several advanced video editing capabilities. It is highly recommended to beginners and doesn’t need serious learning at all. It provides all the basic functions that you’ll need while editing a video for YouTube.
Key Features Of VideoProc
- • Exceptionally good at basic video editing functions like crop, cut, rotate, flip, adding watermarks and subtitle.
- • Provides various effects like grayscale, blur, sharpen, vintage, vignette etc.
- • Can easily fix audio and video without sync problems.
- • Preview video during editing process so you can see what you are actually doing.
- • You can apply multiple cuts simultaneously to remove different parts of a video at once and join videos of differed formats.
Note: VideoProc is a shareware software therefore it has a 5-minute conversion limit on videos. But its features aren't limited in any way. You can use it as a full-featured video editor for videos which are under 5 minutes in length.
Free Download VideoProc to Edit videos for YouTube!
Part 2: Openshot
OpenShot is a free and open-source video editing application available to Windows, Mac, and Linux. OpenShot comes with an easy to use interface and provides all the basic video editing functions. Because it is open-source, it has bright chances of getting premium features anytime in the future. Some notable features of OpenShot are as follows.
- • Easily add videos, images, and audios in a drag and drop fashion.
- • It also provides keyframe animations and 3D text titles and effects.
- • It can also process Blu-ray videos.
- • Adds slow motion and time effects.
- • No support team to fix your problems since it's open-source.
- • Takes much CPU usage without GPU acceleration, so that slows down video process.
Part 3: Movavi Video Editor Plus
Movavi Video Editor is paid, intermediate level video editing program. It is quite useful for beginners and intermediate users. It is a timeline based video editor which makes it easier to use. Windows Live Movie Maker fans will definitely like this as this software has the similar UI design. People who can't afford expensive video editing software can find it highly useful. This is a paid editor, and below you can find its important features.
- • Covering most basic video editing tools like crop, trim, rotate, adding background music etc.
- • A good collection of transition effects and filters.
- • 3 tracks to edit audio, video and titles
- • Easy to use and user-friendly.
- • Hard to do concise editing.
- • Custom Objects cannot be imported.
- • Video stabilization is only for minor shakes and movement.
If your video editing requirements are basic then you can go with a free editor like OpenShot, and then you can go with VideoProc and Movavi if your video editing level is intermediate and you want features like chroma key.
If you are an advanced user then the initial choice should be Adobe Premiere Pro which is a paid video editor but is a complete package for editing all kinds of videos. Though you have to learn it and pay for it for editing videos professionally. But for basic needs VideoProc is always at your service.