Why Do We Need to Split an MP4?
There're stacks of possibilities to have large-sized MP4 video files. We shoot significant landscape videos during trip, purchase a digital HD movie or TV show, and so on.
When it comes to uploading or sending those files over internet, the size and duration make troubles. Some sites prevent from uploading a video having bigger size or longer length exceeding the allowable limits. Some sites give a huge space but slow uploading speed commonly happens because of bad network connection or bandwidth limits.
It is advisable to split MP4 files into multiple parts to reduce file size and length for sharing online without hassle. Those top 10 video cutters (free & online) would be good to use that help tackle not only MP4 files.
VideoProc Is Taken as the Easiest Way to Split MP4
VideoProc is a new star boasting its super ease of use to process various videos with the support of 370 formats, MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, WebM etc. It provides a toolbox containing multiple editing tools to help resize video files and enhance image/audio quality. Split is one feature included in this toolbox focusing on dividing a large or long video file into multiple smaller clips. We can choose to split video into segments in a certain number or by every X seconds.
VideoProc will output every clip split from a video as H.264 MP4 which is supported by virtually all websites. It means that we can split a H.264 MP4 file without re-encoding while re-encoding will happen if the original file is a HEVC video or in other formats.
Apart from splitting, VideoProc also offers some other ways to resize video files, such as cutting, cropping, adjusting parameters (resolution, bit rate, frame rate) and so on, while keeping high quality. Moreover, it is available to merge, rotate, stabilize, flip video files as well as add subtitle/watermark/effect, correct fisheye to help generate a better-looking resulting file.
VideoProc makes full use of level-3 hardware acceleration with the support of Intel, NVIDIA and AMD GPUs to deliver a great performance to process videos without lagging or choppy problem, even for UHD 4K or high frame rate (120fps/240fps) videos.
Split an MP4 into Parts with VideoProc
Step 1 – Download and install VideoProc.
VideoProc - An Easy-to-use MP4 Video Splitter for Fast Video Processing!
• Split a MP4 video file into multiple parts averagely without re-encoding.
• Support virtually all video/audio formats, HEVC, H.264, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, WebM etc.
• Further reduce video file size by trimming, cropping and lowering video/audio parameters.
Download and install VideoProc on your computer. Available for Windows 7/8/10 (32/64 bit) and Mac OS X Snow Leopard to macOS Catalina.
Launch VideoProc and click Video on its main interface
Step 2: Click + Video button to import one or more MP4 videos.
Step 3: Move to the bottom of the window and click Toolbox. Find Split and select it.
Step 4: Double click Split button and you will be led to the setting window.
On the left panel, there's a preview window. Move the green knobs on the progress bar to trim redundant parts. Otherwise, manually input start or end time.
On the right panel, you are allowed to set the number (default: 10) of segments you would like to split MP4 file averagely into or split video every certain (default: 60) seconds. Click Done if you finish settings.
Step 5: Click Browse button to set a new destination if necessary. Then, click RUN button to get VideoProc split MP4 file.
1. If you want to split MP4 file without re-encoding, please make sure that the original video is a H.264 MP4 file.
2. Auto copy option is enabled by default which copies video/audio without re-encoding (only for H.264 to H.264) so that you can get extremely fast video processing speed and lossless video/audio quality.
VideoProc – One-Stop Video Editing Software, Which Can Serve As:
• DVD Converter: Convert any DVD (unprotected or copy-protected) DVDs to digital (HEVC, H.264, MP4, MKV, MPEG2, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, WebM etc.); devices (iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Huawei, Windows Mobile, Xbox, PS3/4, Apple TV, Android TV etc.); websites (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) as well as extract audios (MP3, AAC, AC3, FLAC) from disc with high quality.
• Video Downloader: Download videos/music from 1000+ sites (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.), available to download whole playlist, channel and live videos.
• Video Recorder: Record your screen and webcam simultaneously with picture-in-picture mode. Not only images, but audios can be captured in great quality.
When processing videos, a nice tool is worth a thousand words. So, just download VideoProc and try it free now!