Summary: Gathered here are the 10 best TikTok filters that go viral right after their release. Read through to keep up with and apply them to your creations!
Forecast to catch up with YouTube by 2024 in ad revenue, TikTok, launched globally 12 years after the Google-owned rival, has blown up the model of what a social network can be. With 1.5 billion monthly active users who are becoming increasingly addicted, TikTok's dominance is hard to overstate, and it succeeds where other short video apps failed in part because it makes video creation so easy and alluring, providing users all sorts of tools at their disposal, among which TikTok filers and effects play an indubitable large role. Powered by AR technology, TikTok houses a massive library of filters and effects that allow you to touch up your videos in mere seconds. And here in this post, we will be diving into the 10 best TikTok filters that have received critical acclaim among the TikTokers.
What Are TikTok Filters and Effects
TikTok filters, located on the right side of the screen in the creating page, is a subtle preset edit that you can put over your video to alter the look and feel revealed, and it takes effect majorly on the color, light, exposure, saturation, etc. While on the contrary, TikTok effects, designed to customize and add details to your creation, can make significant changes to your videos, with which, not only could you morph the face, voice, and background of the object in your video, but also sharpen your creativity and amplify your reach.
Though serving as two completely different tools, TikTok filters and effects are mutually reinforcing. And down below, we have compiled the top 10 trending filters and effects that have taken TikTok by storm. Scroll down to see what we have on the menu and learn how to include them in your creation.
Top 10 Best TikTok Filters and Effects You Must Try
1. Green Screen Filter Effect
The green screen filter has been taking over TikTok for a while. A traditional green screen allows filmmakers to replace backdrops in post-production or live on TV. To achieve the effect, you usually need to have a green screen behind you, and maybe a chroma key video editor as well. But the green screen filter in TikTok allows you to step up your videos with minimal equipment.
How to use the Green Screen effect on TikTok
- Tap on the +icon in the bottom center of the screen to create a new video.
- Go to the Effect library > Green Screen, where you can find a load of green screen effect presets to play around with.
- Browse through to choose the desired one for your video.
2. G6 Filter
The majority of filters on TikTok are labeled with a letter and a number. And the G6 filter, as one of the best filters on TikTok, has become such a hit. The filter is an ideal buy for those who are diehard fans of the retro-vintage look. By adding a warm glow and depth to your content, the G6 filter has become a staple of the social media platform, and even brought in the 'G6 Filter Challenge' with celebrities jumping on board the craze one after another.
How to get the G6 filter on TikTok
- Click on the +icon to activate the creating mode.
- Navigate to the right side of the screen and find 'Filters', which will bring you to the filter library.
- Go to the 'Food' tab and flick through all the filters under the category until you see G6.
- Select it to apply in your TikTok recording.
3. Bling Filter
Initiated by the KiraKira app, the sparkle effect has induced one of the biggest sensations on TikTok and has been included in various beauty, make-up, jewelry, and dressing videos ever since it was first made available to users on the platform. The filter allows users to create a dazzling effect and insert eye-catching and indulging definitions to their video looks.
How to get the Bling filter on TikTok
- Hit the +button at the bottom center of the screen.
- Go to the Effect tab > Beauty category.
- Scroll through the effects and find a silver-themed filter with the Bling word on it.
- Select it to create a sparkling video.
4. Inverted Filter
This TikTok filter, which flips the image on your camera to supposedly show you how others see you, has seen a rapid surge in popularity as part of the 'Deja Vu challenge', which features people looking straight at the phone camera as their faces are rapidly and continuously flipped by the filter, accompanied by the instantly recognizable songs 'Deja Vu' made by Olivia Rodrigo.
How to get the Inverted filter on TikTok
- Still, click on the +icon to create a video.
- Tap on the Effects tab > Trending.
- Scroll through all the filters until you find the inverted filter that has two arrows directing in opposite ways.
- Click on the icon and you should be able to see your face inverted.
5. Beauty Mode
As the name suggests, Beauty mode is a TikTok filter that can enhance your beauty by smoothing and clearing your skin, widening your lips, plumping up your lip, and applying makeup. Coming with an adjustable slider that allowed users to modify the intensity of the filter, the Beauty mode is used by many people regularly when making TikTok videos.
How to enable the Beauty mode on TikTok
- Tap on the +icon to create a video
- Go to the right side of the screen > Beautify to enable the beauty mode.
- Press on the Rec button to record a video with the Beauty filter.
VideoProc Vlogger – Free Video Editing Software for TikTok Content Creators
- Multiple track video editing with green screen, cool filters, transitions.
- Use speed curve to add velocity effects, speed ramping the dope way.
- Add music to TikTok video flexibly, with audio editing features and effects.
- 100% free, clean and safe to download and use.
6. V11 Filter
V11, also known as the Fantasy filter, can add a blush tint and create a red hue for your video, which is a perfect choice if you wish to give enchanting and divine energy, and blend in a splash of color to your clip.
How to get the V11 filter on TikTok
- Click on the +icon to create a video.
- Go to the Filter tab on the right side > find the Vibe category.
- Flick through and you will be able to find the V11 filter.
7. Anime Filter
Soon after landing on social media, the Anime filter has users snapping up a storm. The filter draws on AI and face-mapping technology to create a novel anime face adapting to your skin tone, face shape, and hair color as if you were pulled right out of a Shōnen manga or anime series. The filter also works on pets.
How to get the Anime filter on TikTok
Note that the filter is a Snapchat filter, so you will have to create a video on that platform before uploading it to TikTok.
- Open Snapchat > enter 'Anime Style' in the search bar.
- Press the Anime filter and record a video on Snapchat.
- After recording, save the video to your Camera Roll and upload it to TikTok.
You can also use the trendy AI Manga filter on TikTok for the anime effects.
8. Disney Effect
People on TikTok are obsessed with cartoon filters, and any filter that can turn you into a Disney or Pixar character is an instant hit on the platform. The Disney effect that has already racked up millions of views animates your face and makes you look like you have just stepped straight out of a Disney movie.
How to get the Disney look on TikTok
Like the Anime filter, the Disney effect is also a Snapchat filter, thus make sure you have the app downloaded to your phone.
- Open Snapchat > enter 'Disney Eyes' in the search bar.
- Press the Disney filter and start recording a video on Snapchat.
- Then save the video to your Camera Roll and upload it to TikTok.
9. Face Zoom Effect
The Face Zoom effect was all the rage on TikTok near the end of 2019. And now it's picking up steam again. In short, with this filter enabled, the camera will track your face all the time by zooming in and keeping it centered on the screen even if you are moving your head around.
How to get the Face Zoom effect on TikTok
- Go to the creating page by tapping on the +icon.
- Find the Effect tab at the bottom left > Trending.
- Scroll through the effects until you find the face zoom effect which features a smiling face inside the camera lens line with a blue/turquoise background.
- Select the effect and record your video.
10. Invisible Filter
The Invisible Effect on TikTok allows users to make themselves invisible with just a flick of the wrist. To activate the filter, you have to show the palm of your hand, and if operating properly, a hazy silhouette will cover your entire body; you can turn it off by showing the palm of your hand again.
Note: Unfortunately, TikTok invisible filter was removed permanently by the TikTok official due to misuse, and you can no longer find the filter on the platform.