A beginner guide that focus on how to make a TikTok video, but also talks about how to use TikTok and other things relate to this short video platform.
It's hard to tell whether the success of TikTok promotes the boom of short-form video, or it's because of the short-form videos now take the world by storm that boosts the prevalent of TikTok. This video sharing platform now is the fastest-growing social media in most countries and has over 100 million active users per month in the United States. The huge volume of users made president Trump's worry on TikTok's threatens on data security become reasonable. TikTok receives a crazy-complicated year, and rises to the challenge.
- Dec.31 - Trump continues to fight to ban TikTok.
- Sep.27 - Federal judge delays the ban on TikTok new downloads.
- Sep.20 - President Trump approvals the deal struck by TikTok, Walmart, and Oracle. The deadline for the TikTok downloads ban is extended to Sept.27. TikTok can pull through once it gets the approval from the Chinese government.
Almost certainly, TikTok will still dominate the short video world. What's in it for you? TikTok remains one of the best places to show you or your brand. As for the individual user, TikTok gives you the easiest access to have fun and gain popularity. A marketer? TikTok helps to improve brand awareness, reach more followers, and even get extra sales. However, all of the said good things start with you making and publishing your first TikTok video
How to Make a TikTok Video
With TikTok, everyone can make a catchy video. The integrated video recording and editing capability, as well as the face- beauty feature and dynamic visual effects, making creating a good TikTok video is a snap. Now, let's get into how do you make a good TikTok video.
Step 1: Start by Allowing Access.
Once you launch up the app, you'll see a white Plus button on the central bottom. Tap it to enter the video recording screen. The first time you open up the recording screen, two pop-up windows appear. TikTok wants to access both the camera and microphone on your smartphone for recording video and audio. To allow access, hit OK.
Step 2: Prepare to Record.
There are many buttons you can work with to customize the TikTok recording feature. They are not always useful for video production. However, it's necessary to figure out what they are and how to make adjustments one by one.
- 15s or 60s: Usually, you'd want to tap 15s for creating a short video.
- Flip: By default, TikTok enables the front-facing camera. Tap Flip to switch between the back and front camera.
- Speed: Tap speed you acquire 0.3x, 0.5x, 1x (by default), 2x, 3x. A faster speed refers to a longer video you can record. For instance, if you are choosing 3x, you'll be allowed to record 45 (3x15) seconds long video at normal speed.
- Filters: This is what can make your TikTok video more visually appealing. Tap Filters to acquire dozens of filters. Hit the desired one, and the recording screen will take on that filter. Drag the Filter slider left or right to decrease or enhance the intensity.
- Beautify: It works similarly to a photo beautification app that enables you to smooth wrinkles, change the shape of your face, and make your eyes bigger. You can slide the build-in slider left or right to adjust the intensity.
- Timer: You can choose a delay of 3 or 10 seconds. This makes putting yourself in the video like a breeze.
- Flash: You'll get access to the Flash feature only when you are using a back camera. Flash is helpful when recording videos at the night.
- Effects: If you want to add some fun to your recording, click on Effects to obtain a number of stunning Effects. And TikTok offers you clear guidance for each effect.
- Sound: Swipe to the Sound caption under the recording mode, you can add sounds that match with your lip-sync, dual, dance, and other types of TikTok videos by looking up the categorized music library, choosing from the TikTok popular sound or recording your own voice.
Step 3: Record a TikTok.
TikTok records multiple clips in one video. Let's suppose you want to record a travel video. Tap on the red record button to film the first scene, and tap again to stop. When you're ready to start filming the second spot, tap and the record button again. You can repeat this process many times until reach the TikTok limits in time.
Press the check mark to enter the editing page.
Step 4: Edit a TikTok Video..
It's time to spice up the TikTok recording. TikTok offers a few small tools to edit the TikTok video so you don't have to swift to another editing app to create an appealing TikTok video that can win thousands of likes. But after all, TikTok is not a specialized video editing app, it still has lots of limits, for instance, it doesn't allow you to cut redundant clips from the middle. Thus, I recommend you to turn to professional video editing software like VideoProc to apply more precise and flexible edits.
You Might Also Need to Know: How to Use TikTok
Step 1: Sign Up an Account.
Both iPhone and Android users can use TikTok. Once you have installed and launch it up, TikTok will automatically play some popular TikTok videos, and you can swipe up/down to change the playback video. If you need to post your own video and interact with your friends and fans, you have to sign up for a new account.
Tap Me, press Sign up, and then make a new account with your phone, email, or other third-party platforms like Facebook, Apple, Google, and Twitter.
The next step is changing the system assigned username. Tap on Me again, hold done Edit Profile, and then you can set up a customized nickname, and profile images.
Step 2: Watch the TikTok Videos.
The TikTok main interface consists of 2 different feeds: For you and Following. By default, it shows the For you feed. Videos recommend in this feed is generated by the algorithm. To put plainly, TikTok picks up a few videos that you possibly would be interested in according to your age, interacted content, and stayed time on specific types of videos, etc. Swipe left to enter the Following feed. Here you can find the videos published by the TikTok users you've followed.
Step 3: Make an Interaction.
TikTok offers 4 methods to interact with a TikTok user.
- Hit the profile image to enter his homepage for watching all the videos published from him or liked by him.
- Hold down the heart-shape sign to like the video.
- Tap the conversion bubble to make comments on the viewing video.
- Click on the share button for instantly sharing the Tick Tok content with your friends.
If you don't like a certain video, please long press the video to reveal a Not Interested button.
You can get to know the background song utilized by this video by tap the rotating round sign.
Step 4: Others Options.
Tap on the Home icon, you can get new recommended videos.
The while rectangle icon with a plus sign is for creating a new video or uploading a ready-made clip from your phone.
Click on the inbox button you can find all notifications for your, for instance, xxx comments your video, xxx like your video…
Make Pets TikTok Video
Whether you are in TikTok, Facebook, or other social media, you'll always find 2 or even more videos are about pets. A cat standing up like a human to reach for dried fish, an intense but funny fight between an adorable cat and dog are plenty of other animal videos that are highly addicting to watch. Case in point: https://www.tiktok.com/@torikiffer?lang=en
Make Funny TikTok Video
Funny video helps people forget what they worried about a few seconds before, and it works well on TikTok. Add touches of humor to your video by ha-ha plots, exaggerated TikTok special effects are perhaps the easiest approach for ordinary users to win lots of followers and likes.
Make Tutorial TikTok Video
People are willing to learn something new or easy to digest things in entertainment time. In TikTok, tutorial videos about makeup, dance, languages, and other skill learning tricks are very popular. Followers would like to download these videos from TikTok and watch them repeatedly.
Make Creative TikTok Video
Younes Zarou is a popular TikTok influencer who knows this well. He can always utilize the common stuff for recording but bringing unexpected visual experience in the end. He now wins over 222 million Likes, 12.9M followers since the first creative video published in 2019. You can also unleash your creativity and produce more engaging content. See Younes Zarous's page: https://www.tiktok.com/@youneszarou?lang=en.
Another example is the TikTok Flash Warning video that's trending now. Using photo editing and video editing apps besides TikTok, you can create a video where you "interact" with stars and your favorite idols, with flashing visual effects.
Update TikTok Video Regularly
Like what you should do on Instagram, YouTube, and other social media, publishing TikTok videos regularly, let's say one new video for 2 days, will offer you more chances of getting a steady flow of views as well as more active followers. Once your followers know your schedule, they'll check back to your channel regularly.
Build Connection With Audiences
Set up some high interactive questions to lead the viewers to leave a comment. For instance, kaansanity shares a lot of iPhone tricks on TikTok and often adds questions in descriptions or videos with let me know if this works for you, what do y'all think of this, Who remembers these, etc. He has already got 3.1 million followers, and each of his videos can win hundreds and even thousands of comments.