Visual contents are the most welcomed info on social platforms. Although what you want to share is just a piece of music, posting it online in the form of a video seems more engaging. To attract more audiences, you have to take action now, collecting your photos, audio, and video clips, and making them into a music video.
Before you rush to grab a music video maker and start creating, you should take a deep dive into the software available in the market to avoid ineffective work. The good news is that we have narrowed them down into top 10 according to different users, editing needs, and budgets. Keep scrolling down the page.
1. Adobe Premiere Pro - Professional Music Video Maker
Price: 7 days free, then $20.99 per month.
In the post-editing of professional MVs, Adobe Premiere Pro, the industry-leading video editing software is the primary tool. It has super-powerful capabilities of handling videos, audios, graphics, and subtitles. Different from macOS-exclusive Final Cut Pro, Premiere is compatible with both Mac and Windows. With abundant plugins and Creative Cloud Products, Premiere can do anything you want: edit to the beat, create lyric music videos, dramatic effects, etc. Good Older War's famous MV Tell Me What You Want From Me is created in Premiere Pro, which integrates a mysterious, thrilling narrative, distinct locations, and special effects.
- Powerful enough to create music videos of any genre.
- Multi-camera editing workflow.
- Seamless integration with After Effects to create special effects for your music video.
- Steep learning curve.
- Requires high-end computers.
- Extra fees for some plugins.
2. HitFilm Express - Best Music Video Maker with Visual Effects
HitFilm Express is a free product from HitFilm and specializes in creating special effects. In other words, a free alternative to Adobe After Effects. Besides regular visual effects, you can employ its music visualizer effects to create a waveform that trembles to the music beat. It is a good way to share your music on YouTube in the form of video without shooting any scenes in reality. Its audio editor and audio mixer let you fine-tune your music for professional output. Even though it's free, it is designed with rich features, non-linear editing, animation, layering, etc.
- Professional VFX for music videos.
- Unlimited video and audio tracks on the timeline.
- A wide range of output formats for different use.
- With watermarks.
- No multicam editor.
- Only available on 64-bit OS.
- Space-consuming installation package (400+MB).
3. Corel VideoStudio – Music Video Maker for Semi-pros
Price: Free for 30 days, then $54.99 for a full version.
Although Corel VideoStudio is not as powerful as Adobe or HitFilm, it is more suitable for beginners and semi-pros to make professional music video with lyrics. When you import your footage and audio file to it, its multi-camera editing tool auto analyzes your videos and bring them all together, you can easily switch from one clip to another shot in different angle just like a broadcast studio does. Other elements for a decent MV also can be created in Corel VideoStudio, lyrics, filters, color grading, transitions, and audio adjustment, etc.
- Easy to learn for beginners.
- Built-in transitions effects and video templates.
- Auto synchronize videos and audios.
- 64-bit Windows only.
- Templates' styles are obsolete.
- Lack of advanced editing features.
4. Triller – Make and Share Music Videos Like Pop Stars
Triller is a popular music video maker app for iPhone and Android. It was developed in collaboration with professional MV director, Colin Tilley, who has co-worked with Nick Minaj, Justin Bieber, and Kendrick Lamar. It has launched artist exclusive filters with John Legend, Saweetie, and Megan Thee Stallion. Just shoot several takes, edit them together, and add impressive music either from its stocks or your local storage. Moreover, it builds up a social video community for users to share music videos and trending challenges, e.g. #InMyFeelings from Drake.
- Auto editing algorithm to create professional-looking videos in minutes.
- 100+ filters and top trending music stocks for your music video.
- Collaborate with friends to make a music video.
- Share your music videos to Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, YTB with just one tap.
- Only 15 seconds per video.
- Maximum resolution 720P.
5. VideoFX Music Video Maker – Create MVs with Dazzling Effects
VideoFX Music Video Maker developed by FuzeBits Inc. is a free open-source app for Android. It lets you record lip-sync music videos and edit it with 50+ effects such as Cinematic, Neon, Mirror, Thermal, and more. Compared with other apps, this one presets 3 user-friendly shooting modes: stop motion, fast motion, and auto pause, which saves you much time in trimming videos and making time-lapse effects. Editing tools include filters, text, stickers, and emojis for making social sharing content, more importantly, without time limitations.
- High-quality output.
- Take only 11M storage of your phone.
- Active support services.
- Android only.
- Freeze or crash on older devices.
- No in-app music library or online searching.
6. Tempo - Music Video Maker with Stylish Templates
Price: Free; $59.99 for a pro version.
Tempo is the best choice for anyone who wants to make trending music videos and go viral on Instagram, Dubsmash, and other short video platforms. Once you upgrade to the pro version, you can enjoy unlimited features like trending template, auto keying effect, cartoon effects, etc. What's worth mentioning here is the beat template. It makes transitions of takes according to the flow and beat of the music. Now, Tempo is available on all mobile devices, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- 1080P and UHD 4K export.
- Categorized music stocks in different styles.
- Cool transitions to the music beats.
- Stylish templates, stickers, filters, and AR effects to make unique MVs.
- Limited free effects.
- Watermarks for the free version.
7. Rotor Videos – Affordable Music Video Maker for Indie Musicians
Price: $18 per video; $99/month.
It is estimated that a professional MV costs over $20,000 including pays for directors, actors, producers, post-editing staff, and so forth. To help indie artists out, Rotor provides online music video making services at an affordable price. And you don't need to pay for it until you are satisfied with the result. Meanwhile, it simplifies complex MV creation into 4 steps: uploading your music, choosing some clips that match your music mood, add lyrics, and downloading the final products.
- Analyze your music to find beat, tempo, and loudness automatically.
- Rich video stock and once your pay for it, the copyright is yours.
- Online services put less pressure on your computer storage.
- Watermarked output.
- Maximum 1080P download even you pay for the highest quality.
- You cannot make music videos with pictures on this platform.
8. Animaker – Online Animated Music Video Maker
Price: Free; $19 for starter plan; $39 for pro plan.
Animaker is an online platform for beginners and non-professionals to create music videos from scratch. You can DIY an animated MV by adding characters, shapes, backgrounds, and lyrics. Moreover, it has a voice recorder, so you can add voiceover or record your live performance. If you don't have any material in hand, there are numerous templates and animated elements in its library. Back to the audio editing, you can add sound effects, fade in/out effects, and change the volume of the music.
- Build animated characters for your MVs.
- Team collaboration service.
- Robust security and support for your commercial music videos.
- Audio is out of sync with video occasionally.
- A strong and stable internet connection is essentially needed.
- You need to upgrade your plan to remove watermarks.
9. Moovly – Make Cartoon Music Videos for Free
Price: Free; $49/month; $99/month.
There's always a rule for online video makers that expensive plans make better products, but not really in Moovly. Its free version offers over 1 million images and videos. So if you are an in-house musician, you can make your own animated MVs without a penny in Moovly. After creating a rough video for your music by customizing a template, then you can add a music track. I know it differs from the general process in which you upload the audio first and edit videos according to the music beats. But don't worry, Moovly synchronizes objects with music easily.
- Simple and intuitive interface.
- Large repositories of images, videos, graphics, and templates.
- Cloud-based to store and share your MVs easily.
- An active internet connection is needed.
- Animated videos only.
10. Clipchamp –Video Maker Online with Music and Effects
Price: Free for limited personal use; $9/mo for casual use; $19/mo for business use.
Clipchamp is a comprehensive online video processing tool including a video editor, a compressor, a media converter, and a screen recorder. The tool we are going to make music videos with is the video editor. It is as powerful as desktop software that you can make videos for your music with pictures, video clips, effects, logos, and text overlays for dynamic lyrics.
- Ready-to-use and customizable video templates
- Online and watermark-free.
- Rich stocks of video clips, background, and gifs.
- Low-quality 480P output on the free version.
- Slower video processing.
- No audio wave to locate a beat for a transition.
This post picks 10 best music video makers from thousands of products in the market. If you still have no idea of which one to choose, we have concluded 3 key features that you should take into consideration, especially for newcomers to music video creation.
Music Video Effects: The music video maker you choose should allow you to upload audio files to it. What's more, it should provide you with some audio effects, filters, etc. Stay away from those tools that can't even let you change the volume of your audio.
Templates: Without a couple of templates, it is difficult for beginners to rearrange these elements in a music video, video clips, audio files, texts, transitions, etc.
File formats: After you make a music video, you will need to export it and share it elsewhere. To meet different uploading requirements from YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, and Facebook, more exporting options (container format, bitrate, frame rate, video quality, etc.) provided, the better the software is.