The obsession people have on DVD players is still lingering. The exact fashion that once took the world by storm is fueled by the inclusion of modern technological progression. However, the evolving situation as the arrival of budding technological triumphs bring about more media formats, DVD players have to respond to certain incompatibility issues to secure a place in the market. Among them one prominent is with MP4: Can DVD players play MP4? In this post, we will probe into the matter deeply and unmask the workaround to convert MP4 to DVD and play it on DVD player!
Can DVD Players Play MP4
Most DVD players today that come with a USB port allow users to insert MP4 files into the devices. But whether it could decrypt and read the data contained in the files depends on the specific player model you use. But before we get to the details, let's brief on the formats supported by DVD players.
- Video Playback: MPEG-1; MPEG-2 (commonly used); DivX (if the players have AVI encoded in them); DVD+R/-R; MOV, WMV, WMA; MPEG-4 (for part of the latest generation only), etc.
- Audio Playback: CD, MP3, CD-R/RW, Audio CD, etc.
Above all, the reasons why your DVD players fail to play MP4 could be reduced to:
- Unsupported video codec: Only a few newer DVD player models like MEGATEK Models DP-260M55HD and DP-225M66HD include MP4 playback features as the majority still use MPEG-2 in a standard VOB format.
- Parameters limits: The files that cap a certain resolution dimension of 720 x 480 or 720 x 576, or display a large aspect ratio, frame rates, the players might fall short to present the video playback.
Therefore, given this picture, the ultimate solution to the issue lies in converting MP4 to DVD player formats like MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VOB , AVI, DivX, etc. and this is where VideoProc Converter comes to aid.
How to Play MP4 on DVD Players
Designed as a free robust converter, VideoProc Converter encompasses 370+ codecs and 420+ formats, enabling you to convert MP4 to DVD player playable format in simple clicks on both Windows and Mac. The Full GPU acceleration program along with an exclusive algorithmic design packed inside the conversion tool could further expedite MP4 to MPEG-2, AVI, DivX, or other compatible formats while optimizing file size and retaining image quality.
- The rich variety of file formats to fulfill diverse conversion demands, including MP4 to MPEG-2 and other DVD players supported format
- Robust performance to access operating system of both Windows and Mac, not requiring high-end PC
- Offers various MPEG2 presets, including Sony PlayStation and NTSC/PAL DVD formats
- Beyond just the best video converter, but also the handy DVD ripper, the best video downloader, UHD video compressor, and easy video editor
- Full hardware acceleration to hasten batch conversion, devoid of CPU overuse/overheating issues
Convert MP4 to DVD Player supported format
Step 1. Free Download VideoProc Converter, and Launch the software.
Step 2. Import MP4 files.
Select Video in the interface, and add the MP4 files by clicking on + Video or dragging and dropping. Batch import is allowed.
Step 3. Select the output profile.
Navigate to the Target Format in the lower left quarter, where you can find a basket of video formats to work with. You can go with either MPEG-2, MPEG-1, or AVI, or go to the DVD profile category, and select NTSC DVD Format (for North America and most South American countries) or PAL DVD Format (for most European and Asian countries).
Step 4. (Optional) Customize the file properties if necessary.
Though the program has fully leveraged your MP4 files while conversion to ensure the best output result, you can still further the adjustment to suit your own preference. Click Option > Format, in which you are allowed to reset video quality, codec, frame rate, resolution, aspect ratio, audio codec and more.
Tips: Integrating a wealth of both editing tools in its service, VideoProc Converter grants you the ability to polish your video project, including cut, crop, merge, and add subtitles, effects, and more to explore.
Step 5. Convert and export.
Don't forget to enable the Hardware Acceleration Engine to enjoy 47x real-time faster conversion speed before you hit the RUN to transcode MP4 and Play it on DVD players.
The Bottom Line
If you reach this far, you would develop a clear acknowledgment of the matter "will DVD player play MP4". Though there might be other explications to consider in terms of this issue, the fix presented above is a decent choice within your range to get things into shape. Go Download VideoProc Converter now to convert and play MP4 on DVD players!