Coined with more advanced compression methods, the advent of H.264 video format has undeniably diminished the popularity of MP4. But H.264, though designed to deliver clear high-quality video content at a substantially lower bit rate than previous standards including MP4, has also landed issues to users, and the grumbles that prompt the demand to convert H264 to MP4 mainly focus on the aspects:
- Compatibility issues: The sophisticated video format of H.264 sets an overly limited compatibility with the compression technologies.
- Computing complexity and high processing power: A high-end computer with more processing power is required to compress and decode H.264 format.
- Higher Latency and inconsistent images: H.264 could introduce sluggish control and high latency on devices used, and trigger image loss if bandwidth drops.
Solutions to these irritating inconvenience fall to many, but if you feel loath to work on these problems while coveting the high-definition video content that H.264 files bring along, try convert H264 to MP4. Here in the post, we rounded up the 4 top h264 to mp4 converters for you to narrow the picks and also included a full set of tutorials illustrating how to convert h264 to MP4 on Windows, iOS devices, and online.
Free Convert H264 to MP4 with VideoProc Converter
Running as a free robust H264 to MP4 converter, VideoProc Converter that encompasses 370+ codecs enables you to convert H.264 to MP4 or other formats on both Windows and iOS without jeopardizing image quality. Equipped with Full GPU acceleration and unique algorithmic design, the conversion tool can further expedite the h264 to mp4 processing while optimizing file size and retaining H.264 video quality. The intuitive interface streamlines the conversion process for both the green hands and old staggers.
VideoProc Converter – The Best Free H.264 to MP4 Converter
- The rich variety of file formats to fulfill the conversion demands, including H.264 to MP4.
- Strong technical performance to approach operating system of any sort.
- A basket of video editing tools and presets to further polish your H.264 videos.
- Customize output files property for resolution, bit rate, frame rate and more.
- A basket of features worth trying: converter, recorder, editor, DVDs back up, etc.
How to Convert H264 to MP4 with VideoProc Converter
Step.1 Free Download VideoProc Converter, launch it and import your H.264 video files.
Step.2 Select the output profiles.
Navigate to the Target Format where you can find an array of video profiles to work with. Select MP4 as the output format to convert your h264 video files without any quality loss.
Step 3. (Optional) Edit your H.264 video files.
VideoProc Converter supplies a wealth of editing tools which you can put in used to touch up your project. Simply dive into the quick toolbar or click on the Option button > Edit Video for further edit.
Tips: One thing you can actually go into here is to customize the file properties to suit your own preference in Format page, which sits right next to the Edit Video option. There you are allowed to adjust and reset video quality, codec, frame rate, resolution, aspect ratio, audio codec and more.
Step 4. Convert and Export.
Choose a folder to save the MP4 file, and before you Hit Run to convert h264 to mp4 files, make sure you enable the Hardware Acceleration.
Convert H264 to MP4 with VLC
Remarkable for its media player capability, VLC, compatible with both Windows and iOS system, truly lives up to the rank and extends the support to a wide range of video formats out there. Packed with plenty of adjustable settings and features to work with while playing the video files, the program also comes with a conversion option which allows the users to convert video to other file formats, including H.264 to MP4.
- Accessible to various major audio or video formats.
- Functions and features are easy to use; shortcuts control is available.
- Built-in audio equalizer to boost the audio sound.
- Crashes occur while playing the video, and notably it sometimes fails to hit it off with MP4 video files.
- Audio distortion crops up when raising the sound volume.
- The old-fashioned user interface is hard to associate with.
How to Convert H264 to MP4 with VLC
Step 1. Download VLC, launch it, and find Convert/Save option in the Media tab in the top left corner.
Step 2. Click on Add to import the H.264 video file, and hit on the Convert/Save button.
Step 3. As the convert panel pops up, go to the profile section, and in the pull-down list, select MP4 as the output format. Then choose a destination file you desire to save the converted video.
Step 4. Hit Start to convert H.264 to MP4.
Convert H264 to MP4 with HandBrake
Originally crafted for Mac users only, HandBrake has finally infiltrated into PC market to feed the desires of users. Working as a video transcoder, the free lightweight platform is capable of converting almost any video format to the commonly-used modern codecs without causing any damage to the image quality, including H264 to MP4. Furthermore, the intuitive and organized interface is easy to jump right into when converting video files.
- The ability to rip DVDs makes a great addition to the program.
- Adjustable settings are provided to reset bit rate, frame rate, file size and more
- Crashes occur when uploading and conversion files, and the batch convert system is a little cumbersome.
- The limited variety of the output video file type is unsatisfactory.
- The sluggish conversion process can be a bit time-consuming and frustrating.
How to Convert H264 to MP4 with HandBrake
Step 1. Free Download HandBrake, install and launch the software.
Step 2. Drag and drop the H.264 file to the interface or clicking on the Open Source in the top left to import.
Step 3. Come to the Format sections and select MP4 as the output video format
Tips: (Optional) before you go into the conversion process, you can also further edit the video by adjusting the dimensions, quality, frame rate, bitrate, applying filters, burning in subtitles, adding audio tracks and more.
Step 4. Choose a location to save the project, and hit Start to convert H.264 to MP4.
Convert H264 to MP4 Online
For those who are seeking a quick in-and-out fix when it comes to h264 to mp4 conversion, an online solution would be a great way out. Amid multifarious online tools to convert H264 to MP4, we have singled out the top pick for you – AnyConv File Converter.
The free conversion tool supports a sea of file formats, and the system will eliminate the uploaded files right after the conversion, which saves the worry from security concerns. Moreover, this program is characterized strikingly by its capability to convert the file formats of fonts, cad files, and mesh files, the latter two used mostly in engineering drawings and 3D models.
Note that the platform sets a conversion limit of 60 files per hour, and the maximum file size you upload is 100 MB
How to Convert H264 to MP4 Online
Step 1. Go to Anyconv.com, select Choose file to upload H.264 files.
Step 2. Click on the Convert button to convert H.264 to MP4.
Step 3. When the conversion process is complete, you can download the MP4 files.