Since iOS 11, iPhone users can easily record iPhone screen activities with internal system audio and external environment sounds and voice-overs. However, some user find their iPhone recordings has no sound.
"If I try to record a YouTube video on safari, the iPhone screen video has no sound. However, if I try to record from the YouTube app, it does have sound. Keep in mind this is all without turning on microphone recording so there is no ambient noise."
"My iPhone can't screen record internal sound/system audio. My microphone mic is turned off and the ringer (side button) is ON. I play music on iTunes, YouTube, etc and try to record the audio internally (via earphones, not through speaker) but there is no sound on the iPhone screen recording."
The iOS 13/iOS 14 screen recording audio not working problem happens with YouTube/Instagram audio, facetime recordings, and streaming media. Except for wiretapping considerations that limits the recordings of conversations, the said issue sometimes arises because you haven't figured the built-in recorder correctly, or due to DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection, and other unkown bugs.
Meet VideoProc: Screen Record iPhone with/without Sound At Your Choice
- Record tutorials, live streams, gameplay, and demos, etc. from iPhone screen.
- Record videos, movies, music from YTB, FB, Instagram, Instagram Live, etc. on iPhone with sound.
- Record internal sound from apps and voice-overs from microphones, other devices.
- Flexbile options to capture iPhone full-screen or a selected area.
- Cut, trim, merge, add subtitles/watermarks, edit iPhone recordings with a few clicks.
- Get rid of "no sound", red bar, not saving errors with iPhone screen recording.
How to Record iPhone Screen with Internal/External Sound?
Before you fix the iPhone screen recording no sound problem, make sure you have followed the right steps on how to record iPhone screen with/without sound. You should also know that in some cases, the music will go silent during the recording.
Step 1. iPhone built-in screen recorder is hidden on the Control Center. If there is no screen recorder in the Control Center, you need to head to the Settings and enable it at the very beginning.
So you're going to the Settings of your iPhone > Control Center > Customize Controls > scroll down to find Screen Recording > tap the plus icon and the screen record will be moved to the Control Center.
Step 2. Go to the main screen and swipe up from the bottom edge of your iPhone. Now, Screen Recording is available in the Control Center and you can do one of the following:
- Tap the Screen Recording icon to start capturing your screen. System sound will be picked up if it is not muted (turn iPhone speaker on/off using the Ring/Silent switch on the left side). You can make a soundless recording as a matter of course.
- Deep press the recording icon and enable microphone. Internal sound and your voice-over will be picked up at the same time.
How to Fix iPhone Screen Recording No Sound Error
Method 1. Use Professional iPhone Screen Recording Software
When one tries to record while playing a song, video or doing FaceTime, your recordings can be blacked out or muted. That is because those apps have adopted Apple's FairPlay DRM technology. FPS (FariPlay streaming), released on 2015 WWDC, is a technique offering industrial-level protection for music, movies, television shows and other digital products. That said, FPS allows your users to watch and listen your content, but makes sure they cannot make the use of it.
Therefore, when recording FPS-encrypted content on your iPhone, video content might be blacked out or the audio portion might be removed. But you can take a look at this professional iPhone screen recording software – VideoProc.
Why you need VideoProc:
- Record protected music and movies playing on iPhone with sound
- Record iPhone with system sound and microphone sound (option to turn off)
- Solve "iPhone screen recording not saving" because of limited storage space problem
- Record gameplay, video, music and movies from YouTube, Instagram, Facebook
- Record iPhone whole screen without annoying red bar
After installing VideoProc, follow these steps to screen record iPhone with sound:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone with a Mac via a USB cable.
Step 2. Click Recorder on the main interface.Then select iPhone icon from the top bar and you will see your iPhone screen.
Step 3. You can choose to record full screen (default at launch) or only a part of the screen via the Crop option at the bottom of the interface. Click the Microphone button and select the audio you want to record. You can record the sound of the iPhone system, built-in microphone or other devices, or you can also choose "No Audio" to record iPhone screen without sound.
Step 4. Click Browse and select a folder for the recorded video. Click the red REC button to record iPhone screen with sound.
Disclaimer: We do not advocate recoding authorized or copy-protected media content.
Method 2. Reset All Your Settings
Wrong or conflict settings may reulst in "iphone screen recording no sound" error. By resetting the WiFi & Cellular network settings, VPN settings, Touch ID, notifications, and others, we can go from the start and make sure that nothing goes wrong. To reset the settings:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Select "Reset All Settings" and enter your passcode when asked.
- Then select "Reset All Settings" and tap it again to confirm.
Method 3. Recording and Restart
A user on Apple Community reported that he had fixed the no audio on iPhone screen recording error. What he did was:
- Enable iPhone screen recording.
- Double press the home button and swipe the muted Music app up to turn off the app completely.
- Allow the screen recording to continue and reopen the music app. Then play the song you want to record.
- After the recording finishes, edit and remove the first unnecessary part of the recording.
Method 4. Update Your System
Many reports of the iPhone screen recording no sound errors happen on iOS 11 devices. We're not sure if it's a bug of the system as Apple has given no official announcement. But many users have solved the problem by updating their devices to a newer system. First of all, try restarting your iPhone and see if the error continues. If you still can't record the audio from iPhone screen, update or restore your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/Computer via a USB cable and open iTunes (make sure it's the latest version).
- Force restart your iPhone. Hold the button until you see the Apple Logo. Keep holding it until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- Then select "Update" in the pop-up box (or select Restore). Wait for the process to complete.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone.
If you still can't find the way out after restarting, resetting or updating, try the first solution anyway. This screen recorder, VideoProc, records iPhone screen without any audio error. Meanwhile, it excels in recording screen with facecam and webcam on both Windows and Mac, and assists you in recording and sharing tutorial and gaming videos handily.