Video Compressor for Mac: How to Shrink a Video on macOS
There must be many situations where we need to shrink a video on Mac. When we want to share one video with others via email or social media but its size exceeds the limit, we need video compression; When the Mac storage is almost running out, we can compress the videos to save some memory, and so on and so forth.
But the real question is how to compress a video on Mac on earth? Don't worry, because this is just the issue we are going to fix in this post. And now, please follow our words and find the best video compressor for Mac to make the job done.
What is Video Compression
Basically, video compression is the process of changing the resolution rate, bit rate, frame rate of a video to make it take up less storage space but keep its original length. And thus the video is small in volume but clear in image quality.
Mac Users' Needs for a Video Compressor
- Most HD videos, ultra HD videos and DVDs are large in size and demanding in requirements for software running. Mac users wish to find a video compressor that can help shrink the size of the videos so that it will be convenient for them to share or operate the videos.
- Mac users seek lossless video compression. They wish to find a video compressor which can save volume and keep image quality at the same time.
- Mac users prefer batch processing. They wish to find a compressor which can manage multiple videos at a time.
So based on these requirements, which software can be the best video compressor for Mac? Here, we sincerely recommend VideoProc as a good choice.
What is VideoProc
VideoProc is a one-stop video processing software application. It can convert, resize and edit 4K UHD videos, DVDs and music easily at fully accelerated speed. Besides, VideoProc is the most speedy and handy software for HD/4K video processing.
Then why can VideoProc be the best video compressor for Mac? Here are some of its advantages.
1. Smaller in size but higher in quality. While saving the memory space, VideoProc also contrives to minimize the loss of the image quality to the least standard. It even makes it possible to compress a large video size by 90 percent with little quality difference.
2. Fast in speed. VideoProc is the only full GPU accelerated video processing software. It comes as the No.1 fast video processing software. It can reach the speed of full hardware acceleration, which is 47 times faster than the real-time speed. And it delivers buttery smooth (4K) video editing and trans-coding without compromising quality.
3. Diverse in format. VideoProc is suitable for hundreds of different video or audio formats. All common resolutions are supported, including 8K 4320p, 4K 2160p and 2K 1080p and etc. More than 80 input video formats like AVI, FLV, MP4, DVDs and some other formats are supported.
4. Multitask. VideoProc supports to import more than one video at a time. And it holds the ability to manage all these videos at the same time. Thus the Video compressor Mac is not only convenient but also time-saving.
How to Compress a Video on Mac Using VideoProc?
1. Download and install VideoProc for Mac
Go to the official site and free download VideoProc on your macOS, and then install it. Then click the icon to get into the app. Later a window will pop up and remind you to proceed, all you need to do is following the instructions. (After you have successfully registered, you can compress videos then. Here you will find four kinds of video choices, video, DVD, downloader and recorder.)
2. Launch VideoProc and import a video (or a video folder)
Click "+Video" or "+Video Folder" button to import a video or multiple videos. You can also directly drag the videos to the app.
3. Set video resolution, bit rate, frame rate or quality to compress
Click "Codec" option on the top right corner of the page. Then click "Format", here you can see three parts - Quality, Video Codec Option and Audio Codec Option. Just set the four parameters to start compressing your video. For how to exactly choose the parameter, you can follow this video resizing guide.
After setting all those parameters, click "RUN" button to start the compressing and finally you can get the product.