Summary: Wonder how to send large videos on Discord? You've come to the right place. Though Discord limits the file size to 8MB for each video shared, we have an easy way to bypass the limit.
You create a picture slideshow of your unforgettable trip, a mix-up of your favorite romantic film scene, a gameplay video, or whatever video with a size larger than 8MB. And you'd like to send the crafted video to your friends on Discord. However, when you click on the upload button, Discord won't proceed to upload the video as expected. Instead, it puts up an error message: Your files are too powerful (Max file size is 8.00 MB please).
Now what? The advice from Discord is to subscribe to Nitro at $9.99 per month. Sadly, leaving the high subscription fee, a paid Nitro account is constrained to upload a video no larger than 50MB. The thing is, a 30-second iPhone recording might come with a size larger than 100MB.
Thus, many people wonder is it possible to send a large video on Discord without Nitro. Well, the answer is yes. To pull you out of the fire, this post introduces a far more neat way to bypass the Discord file size limit for sending large videos on Discord without Nitro - utilize VideoProc to compress the video for Discord before uploading it.
How to Send Large Videos on Dicord without Nitro
VideoProc is a feature rich video compressor, offering useful solutions to resize and convert videos. But why should you use it for sending large videos on Discord
- Suppot to change video properties, delete unwanted clips, etc., so you can ompress large videos to less than 8MB.
- No learning curve for green hands. Everything is within one click, thanks to the clean and intuitive UI.
- It's blazing fast. Powered by level-3 GPU acceleration tech, VideoProc gets your job done in seconds.
1. Import the Large Video to VideoProc
Free download VideoProc on your Windows or Mac computer. Launch it up. Hit Video on the initial panel. Next you choose +Video to feed the original large video that you'd like to send to Discord into the video compressor.
2. Change Video Format for Sending Large Videos on Discord
Go to the Target Format panel. Choose MP4 (H.264), MOV (H.264), or WBEM (H.264) as the export format. I have a MPEG 4 MOV video. After converting to H.264 MP4, the file size is shrunk from 43.8MB to 6.8MB.
3. Adjust the Video Properties for Sending Large Videos on Discord
VideoProc provides you with a very clear Format panel to tweak up properties, such as sample rate and bitrate, to compress videos. In this way, you can bypass the Discord file size limit and send large videos on Discord without hassles. To enter the Format panel, enter Codec option after importing the video to the app.
# Use the Quality Slider
Beginners can fast compress large videos for Discord by moving the slider of Quality left.
# Downscale the Resolution
Let's say the original video is 4K, then you can save the file size by half by downscaling the 4K resolution to 1920PX1080P.
Explain: Video with higher resolution usually has crispier picture quality and color accuracy. However, we can hardly tell the difference between a 4K and HD video or an HD and 720P video when watching on the small screen of mobile phones.
# Decrease the Bitrate
My example video is 25.2MB. After turning its bitrate from the original 16Mbps to 5Mbps, the size was decreased to 7.2MB.
Explain: A higher bitrate video refers to a larger size which doesn't equal better quality. Besides, the bitrate rate of iPhone recording is around 16Mbps, but the most recommended bitrate for social media is 2Mbps to 5Mbps.
# Reduce the Frame Rate
VideoProc provides nine options (ranging from 15fps to 60fps) of frame rate. Usually, decreasing the frame rate to 15fps can accomplish the target of compressing video for Discord.
Explain: Frame rate defines the number of individual frames that are played per second of a video. Unless you have a sports event video or game recording video that contains a lot of fast-moving frames, you don't have to stick with a high frame rate.
# More Methods
You can also increase the number of GOP values or adjust the audio properties (bitrate and sample rate) to make a video smaller for Discord. After applying the wanted adjustments, press Done.
4. Trim or Cut Videos for Sending Large Videos on Discord
Sometimes, it's the redundant parts in our video result in an over large file size. Luckily, you can use the editing toolkits like Cut and Trim in VideoProc to remove the unnecessary segments from the video.
Hit Toolbox on the editing panel. Afterward, choose Trim. Move the sliders with playback controls to choose the part that you want to delete. The duration between the sliders will be left.
On the editing panel of VideoProc, press Cut. Use the sliders to set the start and end times of the needed segments. Hit Cut to confirm. You can then use sliders and hit Cut to cut more clips that you want to keep. Click on Done to proceed.
5. Chop Off Unnecessary Frames for Sending Large Videos on Discord
Cropping the redundant objects, such as unwanted people or the black bars from the video is also a great way to exceed the Discord file limits for sending videos larger than 8MB on Discord. With VideoProc, you can crop video on Windows or Mac easily like cropping a picture.
Hit the Crop button on the editing panel. Tick the option box of Enable Crop. Drag the cropping box on the left project windows to decide the frames you want to keep.
6. Export the compressed large video for sending to Discord
Once you're satisfied with all the settings, press Run to enable this might video converter start to compress the large video for Discord.
How Big of a Video Can You Send on Discord?
The largest video a free account can send on Discord is 8MB. If you subscribe to the paid service of Discord, then the max video size you can upload to Discord turns to 20MB.
How Do You Send a Long Video on Discord?
We have 3 methods to send long videos on Discord.
- Method 1: Purchase the Discord Nitro. Heads up: the price tag of Nitro is high - $9.9/month. And you cannot upload any long video larger than 20MB even you are using a paid Nitro account.
- Method 2: Upload the video to a cloud service to create a link. Afterward, you share the video link with your friend. This is a complicated process since most cloud services require you to sign up for a new account. Usually, you need to verify the mail before accessing the account. The worst thing is, this method is useless under a slow or unstable network environment.
- The easiest method: Take advantage of VideoProc to compress the large video before sending it on Discord. It's a beginner-friendly and hassle-less solution, allowing you to fast send long videos or any large videos to Discord without links or Nitro.
How to Send Videos on Discord Mobile (iPhone and Android) 2021?
On the Discord app, hit the username of your friend to create a private message. Click on the picture button at the bottom of the message list to launch up your photo gallery. Choose the video that you want to send to your fiend.
How Do You Send Video on Discord PC?
On the Discord program. Find the username of your friend, and hit it. Press the plus button on the left of the text channel. Select the target video that you want to send on Discord. Add a comment and choose Upload. That's it.