Summary: Wonder how to send large videos on Discord? This post shares 5 proven and easy ways to send large or long video files on Discord.
Many of us have been there. When we're ready to send the well-crated video via Discord but it says "Your files are too powerful (Max file size is 8.00 MB please)." Discord recommends we subscribe to Discord Nitro (9.99USD/month) or Nitro Class (4.99USB/month) to increase the upload cap from 8MB to 100MB or 50MB.
However, the monthly subscription fees of Discord Nitro and Nitro Classic are 9.99USD and 4.99USB respectively. Even worse, a 30-second iPhone recording might come with a size larger than 100MB. Thus, many of us start to look for solutions to send large videos on Discord without Nitro. Here lies the point of this post. We're going to show you 5 easy ways to send big video files (larger than 8MB/50MB/ 100MB) via Discord without Nitro.
Method 1. Compress Your Videos
The best way to send large video files on Discord is to compress your videos to make the file size smaller than 8MB. This can be insanely easy to do when you are using a capable video compressor like VideoProc Converter. Here's how to compress a large video for sending it on Discord.
Highlight Features of VideoProc Converter
- One click to make the video size smaller than 8MB/50MB/100MB
- Implement the advanced encoding tech. No visible quality loss
- Customize the video properties such as codec, bitrate, and frame rate
- Handle 370+ video and audio formats and support 4K HDR videos
- Up to 47x faster compression speed. 0 learning curve
Step 1. Import the Video
Download VideoProc Converter on Windows or Mac. Launch it up. Hit Video and then drag the video files onto this program.
Step 2. Compress the Discord Video
Go to the Target Format section of this easy Discord video compressor. Choose MP4 (H.264), MOV (H.264), or WBEM (H.264) as the export format. I have an MPEG4 MOV video. After converting to H.264 MP4, it's size shrunk from 43.8MB to 6.8MB.
Tips to make your Discord video file smaller further:
Click on codec Option, follow one or many ways listed below, and then press Done.
- Move the quality slider to the left
- Choose a lower resolution. Suppose the source video is in 3840x2160P, simply choose 1920x1080P.
- Reduce the frame rate to 15FPS - 24FPS, if the original video doesn't contains many fast-moving frames
- Enter a lower target bitrate. 2Mbps to 5Mbps would be enough
Step 3. Export the Compressed Video
Uncheck Auto Copy and hit Run to start to compress the video for sending it on Discord.
Method 2. Trim Your Videos
Sometimes, it's the redundant parts in our video result in an over large file size. Luckily, you can use the editing toolkits like Trim in VideoProc Converter to remove the unnecessary segments from the video for making MP4 smaller at the desired quality for Discord.
Amazing Features of VideoProc Converter
- Split, cut, or trim to help you get rid of redundant parts
- Delete redundant pixels with the simple drag and drop feature
- A full set of editing toolkits, watermark, denoise, deshake, etc.
- Also let you compress, converter, record, and download videos
Step 1. Import the Video
Download, install, and run VideoProc Converter. Hit Video > +Video, and then select the source video for adding to the tool.
Step 2. Trim the Video
Select MP4 H.264 or MOV H.264, hit Toolbox, and then choose Trim. Move the sliders with playback controls to choose the part that you want to delete. This can remain the clip between the two sliders.
Step 3. Export the Video
Hit Done and then press Done to start to trim video length for sending a long video on Discord.
Method 3. Convert to Imgur Links
Imgur is one of the most popular image sharing platforms where you can upload video, PNG, JPG, and GIF files. It allows 1GB video file uploads and can generate the video file into links that can be shared on Reddit, Discord, WhatsAp, and other places. Let's have a look at how to convert the overlarge Discord video into an Imgur link for sharing.
Step 1. Go to https://Imgur.com/ in Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or any browser installed on your computer.
Step 2. Hit New Post on the upper left. Click on Choose Photo/Video, and then select the video file that's too large to send on Discord for adding to Imgur.
Step 3. Imgur starts to upload and optimize the video file. After completing this process, enter the title of the video and then click on Post.
Step 4. Hit Copy Link to add the link of the Discord video to your clipboard. Now you can go to Discord and paste the copied link to share the long or large videos on Discord.
Method 4. Convert to Google Drive Links
If you wish to share large videos on Discord secretly and safely, using a cloud service like Google Drive to upload and share huge files is a time-saving option. Simply upload the video, copy the link, and share it with your Discord community. Check the following steps:
Step 1. Sign in to your Google Drive. Click on New > File upload.
Step 2. Choose the video file you wish to upload and then click Open. Wait for your videos to be uploaded. Then right-click the video and click on Get Link.
Step 3. Change the privacy settings to "Anyone with the link" from "Restricted." Send the link to your Discord server’s chat channel by copying and pasting it.
Method 5. Convert to YouTube Links
The maximum size supported for video uploads to YouTube is 128GB. Discord lets you share videos from YouTube. Thus, you can upload your video to YouTube and then share the generated link on Discord. Here's how:
Step 1. Sign in to YouTube Studio.
Step 2. Go to the top right corner, click on CREATE, and then hit Upload videos.
Step 3. Hit SELECT FILES and then choose the source video that you failed to send on Discord due to the large file size.
Step 4. Complete the video upload setting options and hit NEXT.
Step 5. Go to the main interface of YouTube Studio and hit Content.
Step 6. Hit the Small option next to the video you just uploaded and select Get the sharable link.
Step 7. Go to Discord and then paste the sharable link for sharing the large video with your friends on Discord.
How Big of a Video Can You Send on Discord
The largest video a free account can send on Discord is 8MB. If you subscribe to the paid service of Discord, then the max video size you can upload to Discord turns to 20MB.
How Do You Send a Long Video on Discord?
We have 3 methods to send long videos on Discord.
- Method 1: Purchase the Discord Nitro. Heads up: the price tag of Nitro is high - 9.9 USD/month. And you cannot upload any long video larger than 20MB even you are using a paid Nitro account.
- Method 2: Upload the video to a cloud service to create a link. Afterward, you share the video link with your friend. This is a complicated process since most cloud services require you to sign up for a new account. Usually, you need to verify the mail before accessing the account. The worst thing is, this method is useless under a slow or unstable network environment.
- The easiest method: Take advantage of VideoProc Converter to compress the large video before sending it on Discord. It's a beginner-friendly and hassle-less solution, allowing you to fast send long videos or any large videos to Discord without links or Nitro.
How to Send Videos on Discord Mobile (iPhone and Android) 2022
On the Discord app, hit the username of your friend to create a private message. Click on the picture button at the bottom of the message list to launch up your photo gallery. Choose the video that you want to send to your friend.
How Do You Send Video on Discord PC
On the Discord program. Find the username of your friend, and hit it. Press the plus button on the left of the text channel. Select the target video that you want to send on Discord. Add a comment and choose Upload. That's it.