Summary: There are four best methods to make music longer on TikTok, more than 15 seconds or 60 seconds. Better yet, if you want to create trendy TikTok velocity effects, transitions, and sound FX, you can use video editing app VideoProc Vlogger for free.
It's not always true when people say the shorter TikTok video is the better. Though being defined as a short video platform, 15 seconds sometimes are just not enough to show all the fun parts of a duet video, the point of a full movie trailer, and the details of a makeup tutorial, etc. And TikTok team knows it and increased the maximum length from the initial 15 seconds to 60 seconds. Now, we can easily record a longer TikTok by swiping the duration button to 60s. However, when we add TikTok with our own sound or music, the video becomes shorter. Why?
TikTok stipulates that the selected music length will determine the final duration of the video. In other words, if you have a 60-second TikTok video and select a music clip that lasts only 12 seconds as the soundtrack, then TikTok will shorten the video to 12 seconds. Now what? Don't fret! We already found some awesome solutions. Keep reading to learn the 4 Ways to make music longer on TikTok.
How to Make Music Longer (Than 15 Second) on TikTok Directly
Before the detailed steps, here are 2 facts you'd better known about TikTok: 1) It doesn't allow you to combine multiple music clips. 2) There are no features like speed down, reverse, or repeat to make TikTok sounds last longer. Therefore, if we want to rely on TikTok to get things done, the only way out is locating and using a piece of long music from the ready-stock TikTok music library manually.
1. On your TikTok app, press the white plus icon. Tap 60s on the new interface.
2. Hit the red dot button to record the TikTok video, and press it again to stop the recording.
3. Press the red checkmark to confirm the recording.
4. Press Sounds in the bottom left corner. Choose the sound with a length longer than the recorded TikTok video.
5. Click and drag the appeared soundwaves to select the needed parts of the song.
6. Hit the checkmark button to confirm the change.
7. Press Next, enter the video description and other information. Afterward, press Post.
How to Make Music Longer (Than 15 Second) on TikTok in CapCut
Don't want to bother yourself with wading through a sea of short music clips to select a long but very mainstream music? Since TikTok only allows you to add music and sound from the TikTok playlist, the easiest way to make a sound longer than 15 seconds on TikTok is to apply a decent TikTok video editing app that supports to merge video and audio. To put it plainly, we can make a long TikTok video with full sound via video editors like iMovie and CapCut, and then post the long video on TikTok. In the below guide, we are going to use CapCut because it is released by the developer of TikTok and is 100% free to use. Better yet, it allows you to share a long music video on TikTok instantly.
1. Go to the Apple Store or Google Play Store to search CapCut. Install this free video editing app on your Andriod or iPhone.
2. Open the CapCut app and choose Add Project. It will lead you to the camera roll of your smartphone.
3. Select one or multiple videos that you want to add with a song longer than 15 seconds.
4. Press the Add button in the bottom right corner to confirm the import.
5. Move the playhead on the timeline to the end black frame, select the frame and then tap Delete.
6. Press Sounds. On the new window, select Your Sound.
7. To use the background music of an existing video, press Extracted, choose Extract sound from the video, select Import sound only, and then choose the plus button.
Suppose there is the needed music file on your device, you need to click on From device, and then select the liked long music on your device.
8. You can use many advanced tools to polish the TikTok video to the next level. One feature I use most often is Crop under Edit. With it, I can crop a 16:9 widescreen video to a 3:4 TikTok video in a snap.
9. Press the up-arrow button and hit Share to TikTok. CapCut will lead you to the TikTok app. Now, you press Next and follow the on-screen prompt to make the music longer on TikTok.
How to Make Music Longer (Than 60 Second) on TikTok in VideoProc Vlogger
The above solutions are working for use more than 15 seconds of a sound on TikTok, but neither can bypass the 60 seconds limit of TikTok. However, this doesn't mean it's impossible to make a sound longer than 60 seconds on TikTok. In fact, there is a fairly straightforward way to go about this. All you have to do is opening up your computer, using a video editing program to add the long music to the video that you'd like to TikTok, and then converting the file. I'm going to use VideoProc Vlogger for the demonstration because it's easy and completely free to use.
1. Free download and install VideoProc Vlogger on your computer. Launch it up, enter the project name, choose the proper folder to hold the project file. On the resolution tab, choose TikTok's favorite resolution – 720 x 1280 (9:16). Hit Start.
2. Drag and drop the video and audio clips that you want to merge as one TikTok video from the computer to Media Library. After that, drag the video clip onto the video track and drag the audio clip onto the audio track.
- If the music is longer than the TikTok video, drag the end of the audio clip on the timeline until it matches the length of the video.
- If the music is shorter than the TikTok video, hit Ripple Delete and choose Time Stretch. Next, drag the end of the audio clip until it matches the length of the video.
- You can drag the ends of an audio or video clip on the timeline to trim off the redundant clip.
3. Press Export. If necessary, you can adjust the format, codec, and video parameters on this panel. After that, press Start. Now you can export the music that is longer than 60 seconds for TikTok.
4. Navigate to TikTok Long Video Converter and hit Upload to generate the converted long TikTok video.
5. Go to the official website of TikTok and log in with your TikTok account. Find the upload button on the top of the page.
6. Now, you post the video that was automatically converted and downloaded through the online tool. It usually takes around 10 minutes for TikTok to upload and process the video with music longer than 60 seconds. You can enter the video caption, apply the privacy settings, and other information during the processing.
7. Hit Post to upload the video with music longer than 60 seconds on TikTok.
How to Make Music Longer (Than 60 Second) on TikTok in Shotcut
For those who want to bypass the 60 seconds limit of TikTok by using an open source video editor, we recommend you to go with Shotcut. As an open-source and cross-platform program, it can help Windows, Mac, and Linux users to add a piece of long music to the video. In this way, we can get a TikTok video with music longer than 60 seconds. After that, we upload the new video to our browser to make a simple conversion for ensuring TikTok can recognize the file without error.
1. Install Shotcut on your computer. Choose the proper folder to hold the project file, enter the project name. Hit Custom.
2. Click on Add and select New. After that, you enter TikTok as the name. Next, you need to adjust the resolution to 1080x1920 and turn the aspect ratio to 9:16 for getting the best viewing experience. Hit Start.
3. Hit Open File in the top left corner to select the video and audio clips you want to merge as one TikTok video.
4. Press Ctrl +I to add a video track, and then you drag the video clip to the timeline.
5. Press Ctrl+ U to add the long music. Next, you drag the music to the newly created audio track.
6. Select the video track, choose the plus button on the media pool panel. Pick up Size and Position.
7. Go to the video preview window to resize and reposition the video to crop out the unnecessary black bars.
8. Drag the end of the audio track until it matches the length of the video.
9. Press File > Export Video and hit Export File. Now you can export the music that is longer than 60 seconds for TikTok.
10. Follow the step 4 to step 7 mentioned in the Method 3 to upload the video with longr music on TikTok.
How Do You Get 60 Second Songs on TikTok
Generally, there are 3 solutions to get 60 second songs on TikTok.
Solution 1: Explore the ready stock music library of TikTok to find the music in a length of 60 seconds.
Solution 2: If you already prepare a piece of 60-second music on your portable device, use the Sounds feature of CapCut to merge the long music with the video, and then share the resulting video on TikTok right off the bat.
Solution 3: If there is a 60 second of music on your device, but it's not with the video you'd like to share on TikTok, you can firstly post it on TikTok and choose Private for Who can watch this video. After that, view the video on your profile, choose the soundtrack and select Use this sound > Add to Favorite. Next time you post a video on TikTok and press Sounds, you can find the created 1 minute song on TikTok under My Favorite.
How Do You Use Full Sound on TikTok
If you are using a sound from the TikTok stock music library, you just need to record or upload a TikTok video with a length no shorter than the sound and then hit Sounds to add the full sound to the video.
If you need to use a 3-minute or even longer song from your local device as the TikTok music background, the process can be a little complicated. You have to add the full sound to the video via software like CapCut, convert the video via TikTok long video converter, and then upload it to TikTok.