How to Convert YouTube Videos to AVI Files on Windows/Mac?
A unique thing about Audio Video Interleave or AVI format is that these files can be played easily on Windows Media Player without having to incur any extra expense. So, if you have a favorite YouTube video, then it is always advisable to convert it into AVI format and save your valuable data. The best thing about this whole process is that you can convert YouTube videos to AVI format within seconds coupled with the right convertor. But with a large number of converters available in the market, it becomes difficult to take the final call. This is why we have come up with today's discussion topic where we are going to throw light on the best tool for converting YouTube videos to AVI.
What is an AVI file?
AVI refers to a video and audio file format which is mostly used in the field of video and audio playback. It has built-in support towards Microsoft’s Windows platform apart from various other popular platforms. Audios and videos compressed using codecs such as XviD and DivX can be stored by AVI files. AVI files created without compression leads to a lossless file format and enhances file size. The file quality of AVI format is retained in spite of opening or saving the same multiple times. Let us now take a look at some unique features of AVI format:
- • It is developed by Windows which leads to its compatibility with both Microsoft and Non-Microsoft OS.
- • AVI files can be used for creating playable disks and DVDs and storing data in the same.
- • No particular software application or hardware device is required for running the AVI file making it easily accessible by a large number of users.
YouTube to AVI Conversion Tips for Beginners
- 1. Primarily you need to develop a clear idea about the specific features of your device. You need to pay special attention to its screen resolution, memory status, and even the operating system.
- 2. It is advisable to opt for a converter that is compatible with multiple formats. In this way, you can work easily with different videos and that too without facing any bottlenecks along the way.
- 3. It is ideal to compare the resolution supported by the converting app and the video resolution of the file you wish to work on. The main reason behind this is that some converters are only able to work on low bitrate videos.
- 4. Users should also consider the legality of the conversion before proceeding with the same. There is no problem in converting your personal YouTube videos or the non-copyrighted ones. But when it comes to copyrighted content, you should always seek out the owner’s permission before converting the same.
Step-by-step Guide: Convert YouTube To AVI With VideoProc
VideoProc is a high-speed media converter that serves as the best choice of vloggers for converting YouTube videos into AVI format. This fully GPU accelerated video processing tool can help you conduct 4K editing as well as transcoding without making any sacrifice in terms of quality. Its Level-3 hardware acceleration paves the path for 47 times faster results while optimizing the video quality and file size. It is compatible with 420+ output formats and 370 input codecs which opens up greater opportunities ahead of its users.
Step 1. After launching the software, you will have to select "Video" from the main interface.
Step 2. Import the YouTube video that you want to work on. This can be done by hitting the "+Video" button.
Step 3. You can access different formats by clicking "Video" tab located at the bottom of the interface. This presents users with various video formats and you need to take your pick amongst the options which shall be AVI in our case.
Step 4. When you finish the steps above, you will have to set the destination folder by clicking on the "Browse" button.
Step 5. Ultimately, initiate the transcoding process by hitting the "RUN" button .
How to Play AVI Files?
In most cases, AVI files contain a video stream which makes use of a highly modern compression codec. This is why it becomes problematic for old players to decompress the same. In such cases, users are presented with an error message pointing at an unsupported video format.
In such a case, it is always advisable to opt for an updated version of the player which shall be compatible with AVI files. Three of the best AVI players are Windows Media Player, VLC and Kodi. Windows Media Player developed by Microsoft allows users to play AVI files, rip and copy files to compact discs, synchronize content, burn recordable discs, etc. VLC, on the other hand, is a cross-platform multimedia player that can play audio CDs, DVDs, VCDs, most multimedia files, and other popular streaming protocols. Last but not least comes Kodi which is available for multiple hardware platforms and operating systems. It allows users to play common digital media files. You can open an AVI file easily by downloading and installing any of the three AVI players mentioned above. Next, you will simply have to right-click on the same and select Open with WMP/VLC or Kodi.
We all love watching YouTube videos but in most cases, we refrain from doing the same for saving valuable data. However, once you learn the tactics of downloading and converting YouTube videos to AVI format, you can play it easily in your smart device at your sweet convenience. SO, use today's article to convert your favorite videos and watch it whenever you like.
Disclaimer: We do not advocate downloading or converting authorized or copy-protected media content.