Why is Converting MP3 to WMA Necessary?
Although WMA and MP3 are both of lossy compression, the performance of their sound quality is still diverse remarkably. In other words, the sound quality of a WMA audio file is distinctively better than that of MP3, especially under the circumstance of a low bit rate. For instance, even at the rate of 64Kbps, WMA has a nearly identical quality of the sound like that of 128Kbps, while the sound quality of MP3 audio file has a marked difference in the same situation. Besides, at a bit rate as low as 32Kbps, an MP3 audio file will be inaudible, whereas, a WMA audio file is still hearable.
However, if the bit rate is higher than 128Kbps, the sound quality of the MP3 file will have few distinctions. Another obvious advantage that WMA has over the MP3 is that it takes up much less space for storage. Also, in comparison with MP3, WMA is more compatible with electronic devices of Windows system.
Owing to the many advantages of WMA format, we can easily see, if we are looking forward to a better listening experience of either our music or audiobooks, in most cases, a preferred choice is by converting our MP3 audio files to WMA ones. This article is going to offer you two methods of converting MP3 to WMA.
Method One: How to Convert MP3 to WMA with VideoProc
VideoProc is a powerful video editing tool that will assist you in converting the MP3 audio file to WMA audio file within a few clicks. As VideoProc has many advanced functions of audio conversion listed below:
1. Support batch file conversion, namely, converting multiple audio files at the same time.
2. Support an abundant number of various audio formats. Other than converting MP3 to WMA, VideoProc can transform any audio files of any format into target files of any format. If you don't know what format you need, VideoProc will automatically convert your audio file to a compatible format according to your selected device model.
3. Support improving of the sound quality.
Here are the detailed steps about how to convert MP3 to WMA.
Step 1: Add an MP3 audio file to VideoProc
Click the +Music button to an audio file or multiple files into the program.
Step 2: Choose WMA as the target format
Choose the format (WMA) from the list of Target Format under the music tab.
Step 3: Convert the audio
Click the Browse button to select a destination folder to save the resulting file. And then choose the RUN button to start the conversion process.
Method Two: How to Convert MP3 to WMA with Windows Media Player
To convert MP3 to WMA with the Windows Media Player, you need to rip the MP3 audio file to your CD at first, and later, save it as a WMV file. However, the entire burning and ripping process is tediously long and complicated. In particular, if you don't master at every step, you'll risk ruining the whole transition and waste a bunch of your time as you must do it all over again. Beyond that, the most evident shortcoming of converting MP3 to WMV is, the output quality of your audio file won't always match your expectation
So we sincerely suggest you choose Method One as the your best option.
1. Run the Windows Media Player and tab the Library. Click the Playlists on the left side.
2. Click Create Playlist and enter any chosen name in the blank. Click Enter to finish this step.
3. Get to the document folder to load the targeted MP3 audio files through the Windows Explorer.
4. Press the Ctrl key and choose your targeted MP3 files by clicking each of them from the Windows Explorer.
5. Release the Ctrl key and drag your targeted files to WMP to the panel which says Drag Items Here to Add Them to Your New Playlists.
6. Insert a blank CD to your CD-ROM. Both Right-click the Burn tab and select the Audio CD button, then, click Burn to drive to burn. When the burning is done, the CD will be automatically ejected.
7. Put back the CD again which it will play automatically. Click the Stop button to stop the playing.
8. Right-click the Rip button and click More Options to select WMA format as your ripping format. Jog down the saving address of the ripped audio file. Click the OK button.
9. After choosing all your targeted files, right-click Rip tab and select Rip [CD name].
10. Browse the folder under Windows Explorer to find your saved WMA files.
From the above comparison, it is obvious that VideoProc is a far more user-friendly converting program than the Windows Media Player, as it is simple to operate, it offers powerful functions and it can accomplish the conversion at an accelerated speed. So why not give ti a try and enjoy your refreshed converting experience now?