Touted as much by its limits as by its advantages, GoPro irrespective of the capabilities in 5K / 4K video capture fails to balance out some headaches. One resonating the users falls to the format incompatibility issues that most devices make abortive attempts when dissecting the GoPro video and loathly turn it over to a GoPro video converter - the ultimate savior.
Why We Need A GoPro Video Converter
Before we go direct to the climax, let's back up a little bit in case you are not sure what the heck I am discussing here. Many professional-level cameras record in highly compressed video formats and save that data onto a tiny SD card, which despite all the convenience that comes along, might generate two dilemmas：
- An ultra-powerful computer is required to decode the files without performance degradation (choppy and sluggish playback or dropped frames).
- A remote possibility to maintain image quality during editing or any post-processing.
GoPro videos are captured in two file formats: High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) and Advanced Video Coding (AVC). The introduction of HEVC came with the release of the GoPro HERO6 Black, offering the advantage of recording significantly larger and sharper video content. However, it is worth noting that HEVC files are less adaptable to multimedia players and editing software like AVC. (For further complete details on camera settings of different modes please check it here: HEVC Explained ).
The solutions to fix the problem come many, and you can:
- Upgrade your operating system.
- Try using a device that is feasible for HEVC (H.265).
- Use a GoPro video converter to convert GoPro video to MP4 or other more compatible formats.
For those seeking seamless access to all video formats captured by your GoPro cameras without having to worry about incompatibility issues, it is suggested to use a GoPro video converter to convert GoPro videos to MP4 or others. Here in the post, we will introduce to you the best GoPro file converter you could leverage to convert GoPro videos to MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, and more without quality loss.
The Best GoPro Video Converter
As an omnipotent GoPro video converter that that encompasses 370+ codecs and accepts GoPro 5.3K 60fps/4K 120fps/1080p videos, VideoProc Converter enables you to convert GoPro 5K/4K video from HEVC to any formats that you are apt for including H264, MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, FLV, VOB, MP3, AC3, iPhone ringtone, etc. and won't pose any damage to the video quality.
VideoProc Converter - The Best GoPro Video Converter for the Novice and Pro
- 320+ video formats support to convert GoPro videos to any format within 3 clicks; accept GoPro 5.3K 60fps/4K 120fps/1080p videos.
- Customize GoPro videos by changing resolution, bit rate, frame rate, etc. and polish videos before or after conversion.
- Full-featured editing toolkits to trim, crop, rotate, split, merge, add subtitles and filter, stabilize, deshake, and more.
- 47 times real-time faster to change GoPro video format with the aid of Full Hardware Acceleration
- All-in-one GoPro video solution: convert, compress, fix, edit and more.
How to Convert GoPro Video to MP4 and Any Other Video Format
Step 1. Free Donwload and run the GoPro file converter on your comuter and import your GoPro videos.
Click Add Video or drag-drop files to the program, batch import and conversion are supported as well.
Step 2. Choose the output profile.
To convert GoPro videos to MP4, MOV, AVI, and more, select your desired output format in the Target Format list, where you could find myriads of video profiles to work with.
Step 3. Edit your GoPro videos (optional).
You could edit your video with the basic video editing toolkits equipped in the programs, or click the Option button for further edit, and you can also preview the edited video in real time.
Tips: Don't forget to customize the output file properties and adjust the video quality if required. Go to the Format settings of the Option window, where you are allowed to adjust the video size and quality, tune the frame rate, resolution, aspect ratio, sample rate, audio codec, and more to take full control over your videos.
Step 4. Convert and export.
Hit Run to convert your GoPro files.
The pervasiveness of GoPro lifts the hype to a point that the agony of missing the shot caps the joy of experiencing. As you embark on the journey to churn out some blockbuster with the GoPro footage in your hand, you are in no way wish to see issues mentioned above crashing your efforts or ruining the final projects. Therefore, spring that into action and download the best GoPro video converter - VideoProc Converter to get your problem fixed.