Best Settings to Upload 4K Videos to Instagram
Instagram has evolved into one of the most popular social networking platforms of modern times which is increasingly being used to garner greater engagement and reach out to a wider segment of audience. The same thing can also be said about video marketing which is expected to lure in 80% of the global traffic by the end of 2019. But the main problem happens when we try to upload 4K content to Instagram and it succumbs to massive deterioration in quality.
Although 4K visuals are a lot more visually appealing than HD ones, it can also prove to be extremely demanding for your computer to tackle especially when it comes to editing. As a result, its post-production stage might seem pretty laggy and slow. Today we are going to address this burning issue of Instagrammers around the globe who have been failing to retain the rich quality of 4K content shot through either a dedicated GoPro 4K action camera of 4K capable phone and uploaded over Instagram.
Instagram Video Settings
When it comes to generating more engagement, video content can serve you better than the rest. They are known to receive 2 times more comments than simple text or picture contents. The same can also be said about the number of likes. However, for making the most out of video uploads, you need to have a clear idea about the overall requirements for Instagram videos.
- • You can upload Instagram video in five different formats of square, landscape, portrait, carousel and stories.
- • Square video resolution (minimum 600 x 600) (maximum 1080 x 1080)
- • Landscape video resolution (minimum 600 x 315) (maximum 1080 x 608)
- • Portrait video resolution (minimum 600 x 750) (maximum 1080 x 1350)
- • Carousel video resolution (minimum 600 x 700) (maximum 1080 x 1920)
Quality Loss Due To Compression
We tried uploading 1080p and 4K video over Instagram and got the above results. It thus becomes extremely clear that you won't be able to benefit out of the best 4K upload settings while normally uploading your files over Instagram and need to bank on a proper video editing software to get you through the same. VideoProc can come to your immediate aid and help you to edit, resize, covert and adjust 4K UHD videos for being played optimally over Instagram and that too without any quality loss.
Steps To Compress Video Using VideoProc
Instagram users can avoid the problem of sloppy frames by converting 4K video to 1080p. This can be done by using VideoProc which has already garnered a massive fan following coupled with its easy-to-navigate interface. This intuitive software has been specially programmed to deal with 4K UHD video captured by GoPro at 120 or 240 fps. You can easily convert the same to slow-motion videos in a stable way which remains fully buffered from all chances of unexpected crashes or lags. It banks of full GPU acceleration which keeps the file size 90% smaller than the original version without undergoing any deterioration in terms of quality. Enough said, let's now take a look at the steps to be followed for undertaking the conversion process:
• Primarily, you will have to launch the application and click on the 'Video' button appearing at the main interface.
• In the second step, you will have to import the video file you wish to process by clicking on the +Video button.
• You can now choose the output format of your edited video by clicking on the 'Video' tab appearing at the bottom of the interface and take your pick amongst the available formats.
• If your desired format is not there in the list, then you can simply click on 'Target Format' for accessing more profiles.
• You can adjust different parameters from the Codec Option of the Format Settings window. It becomes possible to modify resolution, frame rate and aspect ratio from the 'Video Codec Options' section for generating better playback effects.
• You can select the destination folder by clicking on the 'Browse' button appearing at the top left of the interface.
• Ultimately, you will have to click on 'Run' for initiating the transcoding process.
Millions of contents get uploaded over Instagram on a daily basis. This creates the requirement of a humongous data center which could keep all the data intact in its original form. Keeping such things in mind, Instagram compresses every single video for making optimum utilization of the limited storage space and bandwidth. You can tackle this problem by transferring your original footage to your PC for tapping into the raw power of your system and utilizing its large display to unleash your fullest potential. This also creates the requirement of a potent 4K video processing software and that is exactly where VideoProc comes in to your rescue.
You can take the example of the two frames where the first one is 4K converted to 1080p and second one is 4K content uploaded directly over Instagram. You can make out the difference in the quality of these two frames by looking closely at the level of contrast and saturation.
Tips: We have also prepared a similar topic for YouTube, so if you are also looking for this, please refer to this guide.