YouTube to OGG converter – 5 Best Solutions to Convert YouTube to OGG
OGG refers to a compressed audio file that is similar to that of an MP3 file. However, the quality of OGG files is comparatively better than MP3 files having a similar size. They even contain song metadata like track data and artist information. A large number of portable music players and software music players are compatible with OGG files.
You can make use of this multimedia container format for storing audio, video, metadata and text files. OGG stands out as the best choice for converting YouTube files since it offers audio tracks at lower bitrates compared to other lossy formats. Although OGG is not lossless, it can be streamed at full speed over the internet. Today we are going to talk about the 5 best solutions which you can avail for converting YouTube files to OGG format.
Strapped for time? Click one of the links below to jump straight to your most interested part.
Part 1: VideoProc: Best YouTube to OGG Converter
A large number of OGG converters are present in the market. But in most of the cases, they present a difficult learning curve ahead of the users. Keeping such things in mind, we have decided on VideoProc to serve as the best YouTube to OGG converter available for both Windows and Mac users around the globe. It allows you to convert YouTube to OGG, AC3, FLAC, and other 300+ formats, which opens up greater versatility ahead of its users. What’s more, it enables you to convert YouTube playlist to OGG in batch without taking much time thanks to the support of level-3 GPU acceleration. It retains stellar audio and video quality and also keeps you buffered from all possibilities of CPU crashing or overheating.
How to convert any YouTube video/auido to OGG file?
Step 1：Extract YouTube audio or video to your computer.
1) Launch VideoProc. Click Download > Add Music
2) Copy the YouTube URL link from the web, go back to VideoProc. Click Paste URL & Analyze.
3) VideoProc may offer you 2 or more options of the audio file in different quality. Select the desirable one, and then click Download.
Step 2: Convert YouTube to OGG
1) Go to the main interface of VideoProc. Click Video > +Music to import the YouTube audio file you just captured.
2) Go to the section of Target Format, click Music, and then select OGG.
Bonus tips: you can hit on the blue gear button on the top of OGG to have advanced settings on the bitrate, sample rate, audio channels. Alternatively, you can improve or decrease the audio quality by dragging the quality right or left.
Step 3: Start the Conversion from YouTube to OGG
Click Run, when everything is set properly. VideoProc will start to convert YouTube to OGG.
Note: VideoProc respects the owner's rights. Do not use YouTube videos or audios for anything that is against the copyright protection terms and conditions.
Part 2: 4 Common Online Options: YouTube to OGG Converters
If you don’t wish to install any heavy-duty software in your device, then you can easily opt for an online option to convert YouTube to OGG. These serve as the perfect choices for users who wish to undertake audio conversions once in a blue moon and are not very keen on getting top-notch quality. Let us now take a look at 4 of the most popular online YouTube to OGG portals which can cater to your requirements:
Catchvideo is a very useful site for downloading and conversion videos and audios from different portals such as Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion, YouTube, and similar websites. It allows you to convert YouTube files without copy protection to OGG, MP3, AAC and FLAC audio. For advanced users, you can change the bitrate and sample rate for the output OGG file. You can use Catchvideo.net as an addon in Google Chrome browsers and Mozilla which can help you get the job done easier and quicker.
How to Convert YouTube to OGG with Catchvideo?
1. Copy the URL of YouTube File, and paste it on the blank bar.
2. Select OGG as the output format. You can choose the bitrate, sample rate, and channels information as you like.
3. Click Convert.
You can avail this free of cost conversion tool to convert any YouTube files to OGG format. It also supports the output of AAC, MP3, and WMA for adding up to its level of versatility. Users can also take their pick amongst different bitrate options of 96K, 128K, 192K, and 320K. You can simply drag and drop the YouTube media that already exist on your computer to anything2mp3. It displays ads on the top sides, but basically, it is a safe place to extract OGG from YouTube.
How to Convert YouTube to OGG with anything2mp3?
1. Copy the URL link of YouTube audio or video that you would like to convert to OGG.
2. Paste the YouTube link into the converter box.
3. Click Download link from URL.
4. Select OGG as the output formats, and then select the needed bitrate.
5. Click CONVERT File, that’s it.
The web-based application, though work very unstable, still has gained global popularity given its compatibility with more than 2000+ sites. The range of output formats is excellent, including OGG, AC3, AIFF, FLAC, M4A, and more. You can use YouTube-OGG to turn any YouTube file without copy protection to OGG in minutes. Though it doesn’t give you access to have fine-tuned on the parameters of the output OGG file, there won’t be too much quality loss.
How to download a YouTube to OGG with YouTube-OGG?
1. Paste the target YouTube URL at Video URL and click Continue.
2. Select OGG as the conversion formats.
3. Click Download to start the conversion.
VideoMP3Convert can convert YouTube media to OGG, MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA, WAV, and M4A. We put it on the bottom of this list as it comes with too many ads and slow conversion speed, which is not friendly for users who need to do many conversion jobs. But it is still a decent web app with features like the wide range of supported output formats, full compatibility with prevalent browsers, and register-free conversion service.
How to Convert YouTube to OGG with VideoMP3Convert?
1. Copy the URL link of the YouTube video or audio that you would like to convert.
2. Enter that URL link to VideoMP3Convert.
3. Click OGG on the section of Formats.
4. Click Convert, then VideoMP3Convert will start to turn YouTube to OGG. The process may take minutes or longer.
5. Click Download > Save link as to save the generated OGG file.
Now that you have gained a clear idea of all the video converters available for initiating the YouTube to OGG conversion, you can easily take your pick amongst the five different options. However, VideoProc stands out from its peers as it works seamlessly with a variety of formats and that too in an easy to use manner. Users can retain a 90% compression ratio without making any compromise in terms of image quality. This helps users in enjoying the original file quality even after conversion.
Disclaimer: We do not advocate downloading or converting authorized or copy-protected media content.