Error 1: Cannot Load M3U8: 404 Not Found – How to Fix?
A question from user:
- I was trying to watch a video on my Windows 10 PC but got the following message:
Cannot load M3U8: 404 Not Found!
Is there any quick fix?
This error message indicates that the server cannot find the HTTP request any more although the server might be able to communicate with the client. But before authenticating the M3U8 streaming file has removed, you can try the simple actions below:
1. Check whether the URL is correct, or search the site for the page again.
2. Refresh the web page.
3. Clear cache on your Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc.
4. If the M3U8 streaming file has already been removed, what you can do is just to contact the webmaster of the website.
Error 2: Cannot Load M3U8: Crossdomain Access Denied
Questions from users:
- I am getting the message "cannot load M3U8:crossdomain access denied(2048)" from a streaming TV site that I have been watching for 2 or 3 weeks. I tried it today on an Android tablet and it works fine. But when I tried it on Windows 7 and Windows 10, it stopped working. Can anyone explain what is happening?
- I have Embed JW Plyer 7.0 in my webpage, I am trying to to play LIVE TV Streaming but if gives me "Flash Plugin Failed to Load" error, I am using .m3u8 & rtmp.
- I am getting the error message "Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied" when trying to access my Plex server through the web interface. What can I do to stop this happening?
This error message or more frequently occurs when your access is being blocked via a proxy server or a school / corporate firewall. In other words, currently the video cannot be streamed in your region. But there may be many other reasons. Therefore, the solutions may be diverse from each other.
The following solutions apply to browser issue:
1. Download Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to have a try. If it has no error, just use it as an IE (Internet Explorer) alternative for online video or movie playing and streaming. Not taking IE as the core, such browser will not conflict with IE.
2. Since it is may be the reason of hardware, such as not enough memory, CPU heating and slow internet speed, we suggest you not to do other operation on your computer during M3U8 streaming. Otherwise, enable hardware (GPU) acceleration or upgrade your hardware.
3. Since it is may be the problem of the website, you can go back in a different time.
4. If the loading error is caused by overtime watching, restart your computer to have a shot.
5. Plug-in: Disable "HTTPS Everywhere" browser extension.
6. Privacy setting:
If you are using Chrome: click the three black dots on the right > Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Cookies > check "Allow sites to save and read cookies data
If you are using IE: Go to "Internet Options" > "Security" > "Internet" > choose "Custom Level" and scroll down to "Miscellaneous". One of the options should be "Access data sources across domain" - set this to "Enable".
Convert M3U8 to MP4 or Other Format
An M3U8 file is just a plain text file. Opening such file in Notepad only allows you to read the file references, but no to actually play any of these music files, because text editors are different from media player programs.
M3U8 playlist or folder often consists of several short (.ts) video clips, so you may fail to play the playlist or folder directly. But with the following solution, it is possible to play an M3U8 video folder successfully.
Simply put, the solution goes like: input the folder > merge the scattered video files > convert the file to MP4 or other format.
Specifically, refer to the following steps for details:
What you will need:
1. A M3U8 folder that has already stored on your hard drive of computer.
2. A video processing tool, typically, VideoProc, downloaded and installed on your PC or Mac.
More Than an M3U8 Conversion Tool
- - Convert videos from or to M3U8 format or virtually any video format.
- - Process, cut, crop, merge, rotate, flip, effect, watermark, GIF, etc.
- - Compress, resize video files with minimum quality loss.
- - Free download video/music from YouTube and 1000+ sites.
- - Convert DVDs, audios. Record desktop screen and / or webcam.