Video Is Too Large for WhatsApp? Send Videos More than 16GB to WhatsApp on iPhone Freely
WhatsApp allows users to send a maximum of 16MB video recorded by WhatsApp or stored on iPhone. It only equals about 3 seconds of 4K at 60fps video or 16 seconds of 720p HD at 30fps video shot by iPhone. Even the shortest 4K UHD video file on iPhone is likely to be way too big for WhatsApp. To share a longer video, WhatsApp suggests recording a lower resolution video. On the other side, WhatsApp automatically compresses large videos for quicker delivery, which may result in terrible quality. But what if you don't want to sacrifice quality? With the help of a third-party program, VideoProc Converter, you can send large video on WhatsApp iPhone without losing quality.
- - Split and cut longer videos to multiple parts for sending to WhatsApp without limits.
- - Compress large videos for WhatsApp and share the source video more than 16MB smoothly.
- - Transcode iPhone video to the best format for WhatsApp, such as MP4 with H.264 and AAC codec.
- - Also reduce iPhone video size for YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, email, etc.
- - Built-in HQ Engine and level-3 hardware acceleration ensure the best quality and the fast speed.
Tips on Sharing Large Videos via WhatsApp on iPhone
1. Split Long iPhone Videos for Lossless WhatsApp Sharing
Step 1: Launch VideoProc Converter and open the large video file you'd like to send to WhatsApp on iPhone. Click the Video button, and click the Add Video icon at the top on the Video window to choose and load the source file. VideoProc Converter accepts nearly all the formats and resolution.
Step 2: Select a target format for WhatsApp. Then click Toolbox below and select the Split option from the list. Click the opt Codec button next to the video information screen below the top menu bar and the Split Video window appears.
Step 3: On the left side of the Split Video window, move the slider along the progress bar below the video screen to the start position and the end position of the part you want to split. On the right side, set how many segments and the video length it splits into. Click the Done button to save the settings.
Step 4: Click the RUN button to start processing and splitting long videos for posting to WhatsApp on iPhone without losing quality. In this way, you can send video more than 3 minutes to WhatsApp, even if the video is 3 hours long by uploading the video with multiple shorter clips in full quality. Also, you can split large videos for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other social sharing sites.
2. Cut off Unwanted Parts for WhatsApp
If your video size exceeds the maximum upload size for WhatsApp on iPhone, cutting iPhone video will be helpful in file size reduction. The WhatsApp video processing software enables you to trim out the beginning, middle, end, or any part of your large video for WhatsApp without decreasing the quality.
Step 1: Open VideoProc Converter and load the large video you are going to share to WhatsApp on iPhone.
Step 2: Choose a target format. Click the Cut icon below the video info screen and a new window will appear under the Edit Video. Drag the slider under the video preview window to the portion of the video you want to keep and click the orange Cut button to do the cutting. You'll see the video section below. Click the Edit icon to set your video at a specific time. Repeat the step to take out other sections of your video for WhatsApp.
Step 3: Click the Done button to save the video parts and close the window.
Step 4: Click the RUN button to process the cutting quickly.
3. Compress Large Videos for Sending to WhatsApp
When you want to send full video to WhatsApp on iPhone but the video is too large, consider compressing it. Bit rate and video length are the key factors that determine the final size. VideoProc Converter can reduce iPhone video size with good quality reserved thanks to its cutting-edge High-quality Engine. Cutting and splitting features mentioned above are useful for shrinking large file size for WhatsApp without losing quality. There are also several other ways to make the video size smaller with VideoProc Converter.
* Lower down resolution. Decrease the video quality by dragging the quality slider or switch 4K UHD to 1080p or lower.
* Adjust video bit rate. This is a recommended way for professional users.
* Crop and take out extra dimensions to reduce the video size a bit. Learn how to crop iPhone video.
Tips: WhatsApp only supports major video formats such as MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. If you receive the error "video is not supported" when dragging a video to WhatsApp, use VideoProc Converter to process and transcode the video to a format accepted by WhatsApp like MP4 H.264. The tool is able to handle a wide range of video formats, allowing you to convert iPhone H.265 to H.264, FLV to MOV, MKV to MP4, to name a few.
Other Ways to Send Large Video to WhatsApp on iPhone
"WhatsApp compression kills the quality of videos and other media files. Videos I send have awful image. Any way I can get around that?"
Videos are automatically compressed by WhatsApp to minimize the file size to improve loading times using the service's own compression algorithm. This will make files lose the originality and the final quality can be severely decreased. Here are some popular ways to share large video files to WhatsApp without noticeable quality loss and 16MB limit.
1. You can upload video more than 16GB or longer than 3 minutes to YouTube first, then copy and paste the link to WhatsApp on iPhone. 128GB or 12 hours is the limit of file size that can be uploaded on YouTube. In this way, you can share large videos up to 128 GB through WhatsApp on iPhone. You can also use Facebook to send large video to WhatsApp in a similar manner without much quality decrease though YouTube and Facebook have their own compression standards.
2. Send large videos to WhatsApp on iPhone by creating a Dropbox shared link. To do so, sign in to Dropbox, locate the video you want to post to WhatsApp. Hover over the video, click the Share button. Then copy the link and paste it to WhatsApp on iPhone. The video size is limited by the left space available in your Dropbox account. The way also works for sending large videos to email from iPhone.
3. Google Drive for iPhone is also a good way to send large video files to WhatsApp. First, upload the said video to Google Drive, copy and link to the file, then open WhatsApp on iPhone, paste and share the link with contacts. Other similar cloud services could work as well if you have accounts.
Gabriel is a technical editor with several years of writing experience. Gabriel covers video processing, post-production, hardware, Windows, Apple's Macs, iPhones, iPads, and all kinds of technology topics. He loves collecting cool gadgets and trying new things like virtual reality, drones, 8K TVs and the latest 4K games. He also has interests in reading, photography, climbing, scuba diving, and tennis.
Aiming to be the leading digital media company, Digiarty Software, Inc. is dedicated to providing professional and innovative multimedia software for all Windows and Mac users.
Any third party product names and trademarks used in this website are property of their respective owners. All the related logos and images, including but not limited to Apple's iPhone®, iPod®, iPad®, iTunes® and Mac® are registered trademarks of their own. Digiarty Software, Inc. is not owned by or affiliated with Apple Inc. and any of those companies.
Easily Manage iPhone Videos, Photos, Audios & More
- Transfer without quality loss for editing purpose
- Export private videos with password protection
- Change iOS backup location to external drives
- Lossless transcode upon export/import