Useful VideoProc Tips for MKV Video Conversion:
* To Convert MKV to iPhone with Subtitles/Audio Tracks: If your MKV file contain multiple subtitles and audio tracks which you want to keep, just select the subtitles and audio tracks at the top corner of the video information as per your needs. Then you can play MKV video on iPhone with wanted languages and audio tracks.
* To Encode MKV to iPhone Losslessly: MKV is acclaimed for its high quality nature, which is much concerned among users in video conversion. If you want to convert MKV reliably without either losing quality or get the audio skewed, VideoProc manages to do this. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Choose MP4 or MOV as the output format since it is listed as the best video format supported by iPhone.
Step 2: Check the Auto Copy box at the lower right corner of the interface. This guarantees that the MKV file is remux into another file format without re-encoding. Thus nothing but the container format is changed and the audio and video quality is kept intact. Make sure the video codec is the same as original, or your MKV file will be encoded with some loss of quality.
Step 3: Click RUN to begin copying MKV files to MP4 or MOV for iPhone.
* To Compress MKV File and Save Space for iPhone: For advanced users, VideoProc is available with advanced parameter settings where you can adjust bitrate, frame rate, resolution, codec, GOP, and more to downsize the video and make more room for your iPhone. Below are the steps:
Step 1: Go to Video at the bottom of the main interface.
Step 2: Choose MP4 or MOV as the output format.
Step 3: Click cog-wheel Settings to enable the parameter window, where you can adjust the parameters.
• Codec: Set the video codec as H.264. If you are using iPhone 7 or newer model, you can change the codec to HEVC that features smaller size and better quality.
• Frame Rate: Keep the frame rate unchanged. Generally, 30fps is the threshold for smooth iPhone video playback.
• Resolution: Lower the video resolution, e.g. from 4K to 1080p. Although the latest iPhone is capable of 4K video recording, its display screen still reaches no more than 2K. Keep the video resolution extremely high doesn't make any visual enhancement but occupies much space instead. So it's suggested to downscale your video if its resolution is high up to 2160p.
• Aspect Ratio: Change the aspect ratio to 16:9 for full screen playback.
• VBR Code: VideoProc features accurate VBR coding to lower the file size at the same quality level. You can even manually adjust the bitrate in accordance with the resolution. Generally change the bitrate to 3500kbps for a 1280x720p video.
• Adjust GOP: Generally 250 is the threshold value.
With full GPU acceleration, high-quality engine and advanced video compression technology, VideoProc makes the conversion from MKV to iPhone fast and easy, without compromising on quality. You can even cut, trim, crop, split the MKV file to smaller size and get it transferred to iPhone for less space occupation.
What is MKV [Wiki]: MKV is an open source video container format capable of holding an unlimited number of video, audio, picture and subtitles tracks all in a single file. It is generally used for storing Movies, TV shows.