5 Best Video Capture Software for Windows/Mac
Q: "How to capture my computer screen if I want to share my gaming experience with friends? I'm looking for powerful but easy-to-use video capture software, any ideas?"
Video record tool can help you record everything that happens on your Windows or Mac computer. Whether you want to demonstrate a task, craft an intuitive tutorial or record a recurring problem, a video capture tool is exactly what you need. Here in this article, we tested and selected 5 best video capture software for Windows/Mac.
Have a Quick Look to Our Picks of 5 Best Video Record Software for Windows/Mac
- NO 1: VideoProc | A top screen recorder for Windows/Mac which can record, edit and convert the video at one go.
- NO 2: Windows 10 Game Bar | Native Windows 10 recorder that lets you capture broadcast video game.
- NO 3: Telestream Screenflow | Professional video record software for macOS or iOS screen.
- NO 4: Debut Video Capture | Capture video from a webcam, screen, external devices and more.
- NO 5: CamStudio | A free software to capture screen activity.
NO 1: VideoProc
Regarded as one of the top video record tool, VideoProc is capable of recording all the screen activities (Chroma key, annotation, keystroke, etc.) and some external device (webcam, microphone, etc.) simultaneously. Besides, you are allowed to select the partial area to capture and store the raw video without any compression.
As an integrated program, VideoProc can edit 4K large-sized videos, convert DVDs, and music to any output profile at full GPU-accelerated speed. It always helps you to yield a better result of your content across Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Dailymotion, Twitter and more.
- • It offers lightning-fast processing speed powered by hardware accleration.
- • Video will not be watermarked.
- • It has a neat and easy interface.
- • It can edit your videos, DVDs and help you download media files easily.
- • The free version is accessible to all features.
- • Available to both Windows and Mac OS.
- • It doesn't have much advanced features for the professional.
NO 2: Windows 10 Game Bar
Windows 10 brings many amazing features like the Game Bar, which is also called Windows 10 built-in screen recorder. In Windows 10, the Game Bar allows you to capture any activity on your screen from your games and certain apps. With this video capture software, you don't need to install a third-party video record tool. To enable the Game Bar, just press the Windows key + G. It makes it super easy to record any heavy game on your Windows 10 computer.
- • It's an easy feature for everyone, even if you are an amateur.
- • It allows you to record the object on the screen in the background.
- • Free for all users.
- • Full-screen mode is only available to a small number of games.
- • Fail to record the cursor while capturing screen objects.
NO 3: Telestream Screenflow
Designed by Telestream, Screenflow has won much reputation in video editing, video capturing and sharing. You can capture anything on you Mac computer including monitor area, webcam, microphone, and computer audio. And it offers many editing features, for example, built-in stock media library, professional animations, and motions graphics, animated GIF, MP4 encoding, streamlined media management, etc.
- • Bulit-in edit toolbox serves for video clips and screencast.
- • No Time limitation of video capture for the free version.
- • Video can be stored and exported in various file formats.
NO 4: Debut Video Capture
Debut Video Capture is an easy and reliable video capture software, which has helped many beginners capture videos for all variety of purposes. It's free for personal use and you can capture your computer screen while working, which is helpful if you want to show a step-by-step operation or explain a process. And it lets you schedule recordings and customize your project.
- • Highly customization.
- • Supports recording from external cameras.
- • It's friendly to beginners.
- • Works well on both Win and Mac.
NO 5: CamStudio
Claimed to be an easy and effective video record tool, CamStudio is able to record all activities and audio on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files. It can help you create video-based information products you can sell, capture new tricks you discovered on your favorite program and make a video tutorial for students or colleges. And it's 100% free for both personal and commercial use.
- • Free for all users.
- • It can add high-quality screen captions to your recordings.
- • Its built-in SWF Producer can turn AVIs into Streaming Flash videos (SWFs).
- • It's only available for Windows.
- • No editing features.
In a word, if you are using Windows 10 and want a free video capture for your computer games, then Windows 10 Game Bar is a decent option; if you just want a free windows video capture without editing features, take CamStudio into account; if you want to get a video capture for your Mac, then Screenflow is perfect for you. But if you want an impressive video capture and video editor for both Windows and Mac, VideoProc as one of the best video capture software, is definitely a great choice. Just choose a tool you need and start your video capturing journey!